Fraction Format With Dimension Text Override

Bill Tillman

I am using the following in the text override field for a dimension:

3'-8\S1/2"

And this creates 3'-8 1/2" with the fraction as a horizontal format. What I want is a diagonal format for the fraction. What is the proper syntax for this.

Like this (forgot the hyphen)?

DIM.PNG

You can just type the "1/2", highlight>right-click>choose Stack. Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks but that doesn't really work in my application. I'm making this text entry in the text override window of the properties window.

The attached file shows what I'm talking about. I would like for the fraction in the dimension appear like the diagonal fraction in the text. Right now the only way I can get the fraction in the dimension is to use the text override feature and this ends up with a horizontal fraction, not a diagonal one.

DimFmt.jpg

• 4 months later...

Bill - Thank you for this post, but I have a question::

Did you ever figure out how to get out of fraction mode?

Ie. You typed... 3'-8\S1#2"

How do you get the inches (quotation mark), which stays at the bottom of the 1/2", and get it back up in line with everything else?

Thanks for your help on this!:?

bill - thank you for this post, but i have a question::

Did you ever figure out how to get out of fraction mode?

Ie. You typed... 3'-8\s1#2"

how do you get the inches (quotation mark), which stays at the bottom of the 1/2", and get it back up in line with everything else?

Thanks for your help on this!:?

3'-8\s1#2;"

• 9 months later...

I realize this is an old thread and apologize but...

Thanks for the info, all very helpful. Hopefully you can help a bit more:

Is it possible to have the fraction scale down to 70% as is done in non-overridden fractional dimensions and MTEXT? As-is, this works well but looks a bit off if this technique is used in conjunction with 'actual' fractional dimensions.

• 6 months later...

this will do it too: 3'-8{\H0.7x;\S1#2;}" kinda lengthy to type out but i usually just type one then copy it several times and just change the numbers for each one after that. works for me anyways. :)