Shingle siding hatch

Monkeysolo

I'm looking for a shingle siding pattern like the one I've attached. It is a colossal waste of time to draw this out and makes me go crazy doing it when I know there's a hatch out there like this. Please help me to not go crazy anymore! Thanks!Shingle hatch.jpg

A hatch pattern is an ASCII (text) file with PAT extension; those were to be stored on a path from Options --> Files --> Support File Search Path.

There were many locations over the Internet that offers for free such files (example 1, example 2).

Thanks all. I have scoured the internet and yes, there are a ton of shingle patterns as you have mentioned, but I'm specifically looking for a simple one that is flush on the top and bottom, with random verticals. The firm I work likes this particular one so I have to stick with it, not to mention that I'm working in 2010 LT. I've have even tried to create one as you have mentioned MSasu, but I can't get it to work properly.

I believe that pattern is available from CompugraphX and it is called "Sidewall". Unfortunately for you it is sold as part of a set of 100 plus hatch patterns. The good news is it costs only $79 U.S.

YES! Exactly!! It's so completely frustrating! I'm trying to find one on my own because they don't seem to mind wasting a HUGE amount of time. Not to mention the other time sucking things that they do in CAD. So yes, needless to say I would like to cut out countless hours spent on mindlessly drawing out these lines when a revolutionary thing called hatch exists:) I just need to find the pattern and it's harder than I thought.

I'm pretty sure I found the pattern at ArchBlocks. Just get someone to give you a company credit card. You can have the pattern today (along with a multitude of others) and start being productive again.

SideWallHatch.JPG

See?

Maybe even the ENDCEDAR pattern will work.

As I see it you have five choices.

1. Continue what you are doing.

2. Convince your boss to substitute the free hatch pattern seen in post #2.

3. Convince your boss to shell out $79 to buy over 300 hatch patterns in hopes that of the two that look close to what you are using one will be to his liking.

4. Spend the time to learn how to create your own custom hatch pattern.

5. Change companies to one that is more progressive.

Edited by ReMark

I don't know where I got this from, but it looks fairly similar.

*siding2,shingle siding

0, 0,0, 1,.2, 1

90, 0,0, 1,1, .2,-.4,.2,-.2

90, .05,.4, 1,1, .2,-.2,.2,-.4

90, .1,.2, 1,1, .2,-.2,.2,-.4

90, .15,0, 1,1, .2,-.8

90, .2,.2, 1,1, .2,-.4,.2,-.2

90, .25,0, 1,1, .2,-.2,.2,-.4

90, .3,.6, 1,1, .2,-.8

90, .35,.2, 1,1, .2,-.4,.2,-.2

90, .4,0, 1,1, .2,-.2,.2,-.4

90, .45,.2, 1,1, .2,-.2,.2,-.4

90, .5,.4, 1,1, .2,-.2,.2,-.4

90, .55,0, 1,1, .2,-.8

90, .6,.2, 1,1, .2,-.4,.2,-.2

90, .65,0, 1,1, .2,-.4,.2,-.2

90, .7,.4, 1,1, .2,-.8

90, .75,.2, 1,1, .2,-.2,.2,-.4

90, .8,.4, 1,1, .2,-.2,.2,-.4

90, .85,0, 1,1, .2,-.4,.2,-.2

90, .9,.4, 1,1, .2,-.2,.2,-.4

90, .95,.2, 1,1, .2,-.8

To get an exact copy, it would be helpful if you could post a drawing with your pattern in it.

sidingPattern.JPG

Thanks ReMark. I enjoyed your options list...especially #5. It does seem to be a good place though, just somewhat dated with their CAD practices. I hope to change them on that front.

Now it's onto convincing them to shell out some dough!

Can we get those with a more weathered look? Thanks.
Maybe. I seem to have an entire library, 301 *.pat files that look a lot like compugraphX's library, but I didn't get them from them. I can't remember where I got them now. I've had them since 2007.

So you're using black market hatch patterns huh? You're going to have a lot of 'splaining to do mister. Stay right there until the HPP talk to you.

We're you a frequent visitor to the cadalyst magazine website? Remember Watson Kilbourne? The man was a master when it came to creating hatch patterns. He submitted many of them to the cadalyst website over the years.

So you're using black market hatch patterns huh? You're going to have a lot of 'splaining to do mister. Stay right there until the HPP talk to you.

We're you a frequent visitor to the cadalyst magazine website? Remember Watson Kilbourne? The man was a master when it came to creating hatch patterns. He submitted many of them to the cadalyst website over the years.

The Hatch Pattern Police? Have not frequented the cadalyst site. I checked my file create date. I have had some custom wood grain patterns since 2006. The other 294 files all were created in March 2010. I now recall I got them from somebody on this forum. "Use" is a loose term.:) Most of them are far too weird to actually use but I have made "Easter Eggs"(tiny little surprises) from a few. There are whales in there.