Show all lengths and angles on print out

MrMule

Hello,

So I am rather new to AutoCad, and have received a drawing from a client. I want to print the drawing out and have all lengths and angles shown on print out. The model currently doesn't show the lengths and angles on it.

I understand that you can use Dimensions or Measure, but as the drawing is very complicated is there not an easier way to do this?

Many thanks,

Owen

The only way to have the lengths and angles show up on your drawing would be to dimension it. There is no magic button. You could try using the Quick Dimension command or maybe even a custom lisp routine but either way YOU are going to have to put some kind of effort into it. Better get started; the drawing will not dimension itself.

Did you check the drawing to see if perhaps it was dimensioned but the layer the dimensions appear on is turned off or frozen?

The only way to have the lengths and angles show up on your drawing would be to dimension it. There is no magic button. You could try using the Quick Dimension command or maybe even a custom lisp routine but either way YOU are going to have to put some kind of effort into it. Better get started; the drawing will not dimension itself.

Did you check the drawing to see if perhaps it was dimensioned but the layer the dimensions appear on is turned off or frozen?

Thanks for your quick reply, the Quick Dimension is a great command, it will have to do. Shame there is no magic button, but always best to ask just in case.

Cheers,

received a drawing from a client. I want to print the drawing out and have all lengths and angles shown on print out. The model currently doesn't show the lengths and angles on it.

Why didn't the client provide dimensions? It makes me wonder about the accuracy of the drawing.

I want to print the drawing out and have all lengths and angles shown on print out.....

Being old fashioned, I would expect to use a scale rule and a protractor to give lengths and angles, instead of cluttering up the drawing with lots of text and arrows.