Inserting Excel spreadsheet

Franny

Hi All,

I have inserted an excel spread sheet into CAD but not all the columns are displayed. It is only when I click on it and it opens in excel that I can see all the data. I want to save the maps in PDF format to distribute to my colleagues as they don't have CAD so will not be able to click on the table to see all the data. Any suggestions?.

Big thanks

Franny

Did you insert the spreadsheet as an OLE object? If so, did you import it or embed it?

One option would be to grab a screenshot of the spreadsheet using the Windows Snipping Tool then insert the saved image into your drawing using the IMAGEATTACH command.

Edited by ReMark

If you want a table that references the excel sheet so that when changes are made they can be updated within AutoCAD with having to reinsert it, look into DATALINK and AutoCAD tables.

Lately I've taken to printing my excel stuff to PDF and referencing the PDFs into cad. Makes formatting and updating large excel files easier than replacing OLEs. Just update the PDF file.