Plotted PDFs: Text turning into little white boxes

TheyCallMeJohn

Hello Forum Friends,

So I have a problem, new to me but hopefully someone has run into this and generated a solution.

Our company plotted some PDFs using Publish, DWG to PDF and all the text came out fine but when our customer views the text in Bluebeam some of it is replaced by little white squares.:unsure: It also prints out on their end with the little squares.

Mystery_Squares.png

Has anyone run into this and what is the fix?

That is a font or special character issue. Solution:

Go to DWG To PDF.pc3 properties. Device and Document tab, select Custom Properties from the list. Click Custom Properties button. The third section down in that box has options for Font Handling. "Select Capture all" and check "As geometry".

For some reason I cannot upload any screenshots. That would have been so much easier to explain with a picture.

This seems to have worked... now the problem is getting all the drafters and engineers to implement so I don't have to clean up the mess again in the future.

That is a font or special character issue. Solution:

Go to DWG To PDF.pc3 properties. Device and Document tab, select Custom Properties from the list. Click Custom Properties button. The third section down in that box has options for Font Handling. "Select Capture all" and check "As geometry".

For some reason I cannot upload any screenshots. That would have been so much easier to explain with a picture.

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I realize this thread is a few years old but I'm hoping someone will still reply.

I am having this same problem at work but we don't want to use the "As geometry" option because our pdf's are searchable... any other solution ideas??

Thanks so much!!