AutoCAD 2007 exercises

Gooner

I have started training on 2007 at a residential centre that has no training material :o I have found a lot of online tutorials but can not find any free exercises or past papers to practie the skills that I have learnt in 2d. Does anyone know where I can get past papers or exercises to do to help me decide if I have learnt enough to do exams. The centre I am at has not even got a full time lecturer at the moment :shock: I have managed to pass the screwdriver logo exam and want to do the next 2d one which I believe has some viewport work and a small bit of orthographic which I have not been shown.

Sounds like you got ripped off. No training manual and no full time lecturer? What kind of place is this? I'd ask for my money back and then walk away. You probably could have done just as well, if not better, by taking a course on line.

Try an Internet search on "AutoCAD"+"exam". In the meantime, I'm sure someone else will come along with a recommendation. I'd also suggest practicing a lot on your own by drawing everyday objects one might find around the house.

• 3 months later...

Welcome to the forum ive only been on myself for the past week but already ive learnt alot from these guys

a great book to get is either

AutoCAD for dummies or AutoCAD by Ellen Finkelstein bothy have some good practical stuff in

goo luck with the course, but i agree with aboth run the hell out of there!

I have started training on 2007 at a residential centre that has no training material :o I have found a lot of online tutorials but can not find any free exercises or past papers to practie the skills that I have learnt in 2d. Does anyone know where I can get past papers or exercises to do to help me decide if I have learnt enough to do exams. The centre I am at has not even got a full time lecturer at the moment :shock: I have managed to pass the screwdriver logo exam and want to do the next 2d one which I believe has some viewport work and a small bit of orthographic which I have not been shown.

I will be doing my screwdriver test in the coming weeks, but i have had a 3/400 page workbook to work through beforehand. Without that i certainly think i would be lacking valuable skills and it would have took me a lot longer to get to my current level.

Demand some form of workbook or ask for your money back, without it for future reference and to keep looking back at as you work through, whats the point? Ive found my course material invaluable as ive been able to quickly flick back to double check i am doing things via the correct and most effective method.

A Rip Off indeed. before asking for your money back, maybe do a background check on this "center" before proceeding any further, perhaps check on their qualifications or any certifications to give some motivation for you to continue with said center. if your not satisfied, better ask for your money back.