Surface toolbar missing AC08

samson

How do I get the surface toolbar on my workspace, It`s not there when I right click on the toolbars.

Please help

Guest Alan Cullen

Maybe you should go to your CUI and find where the SURFACES toolbar is (may require a bit of searching in the CUI), then move it to the Toolbars under the Customisation in ALL CUI Files area of the CUI.

Then go back and do as I suggested above.

There is no "Surfaces" toolbar anymore. You can still access the tools from the "Draw" menu > Modeling > Meshes.

Or you can create your own "Surfaces" toolbar. The tools are listed in the "Command List" window of the CUI as "Modeling, Meshes".

The Surfacing tools are pretty much obsolete now though.

The old surfaces commands in AutoCAD are obsolete - don't use them.

Now you create surfaces with the same tools you use to create solids. The difference is you start with an open profile rather than the closed profile you would use for solids.

The new surfaces are much more powerful - see the tutorials in my signature.

Alan, have you had any training in 3D?

Hell no...I'm civil. Only 2D here.

I thought someone figured out a while back that the world isn't flat?

Guest Alan Cullen

Very good, JD.

I can tell you it wasn't one of our abos. :lol:

But I have looked through enough stereoscopes at enough aerial photographs over the years to know that there are actually mountains out there. :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Thanks guys, I tried to make a Surfaces toolbar and drag in 3D face. Appears I was doing it under customise instead of customise/interface, have managed it now though. Am using 3D face etc cos that`s what we`re using in college. Will have to look through JD`s tutorials on the alternatives. Thanks for help again.

• 1 year later...
Am using 3D face etc cos that`s what we`re using in college.

Learning 2008? That is like studying history in the CAD world. 2010 introduced Mesh tools that might be a reason to bring back the old surface tools (they did bring back the toolbar) for subdivision face modeling (not to be confused with civil use of the term). I think I would still use the new surface tools and convert to mesh surface if needed.

Students can download the latest Autodesk products for free from http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

please any1 help me to find out Surface toolbar in 2007?

I haven't used 2007 in years, but try -

-toolbar Enter (be sure to use the minus - symbol

type the word All Enter

Type s and then Enter.

:oops: