Can't change dimension text size

Bill T

Hello I hope someone can help me with this.

Whenever I try to dimension a drawing in model space the text of the dimension comes out unreadably small.

I go into dimension style manager, I click on modify and I click on the text tab but the text height and fraction height scale is greyed out!

If I click on "new" dimension style the only option I get is to base it off my current dimension style with the text size greyed out again.

Does anyone know how to change the text size of dimensions if at the option is greyed out?

Edited by Bill T

Is it possible that you preset your text height in the STYLE command?

Open up the Text Style dialog window and see if you have something entered where it says Height. If so, make it "0". Click Apply then close the window. Then go back to your DimStyle and see if you can change the text height of your dimensions.

• 10 months later...

In my STYLE command I changed "standard" to have a text hieght of, lets say 50 rather than 0. then I set my dimensions in DIMSTYLE to standard and once i was using that as current for my dimensions, i just selected the dimensions and in properties changed it to 50 also and that worked

good luck bro