Replace brackets with parenthesis

tamipeab

What do I type into the Dimension Style Manager "Alternate Units" Prefix/Suffix area to replace the dimension brackets with parenthesis (reference dimensions)?

I am pretty sure that there is no way to do it from within the program, perhaps it could be done with .lisp, not sure about that.

Neither the first nor the last time I will have been mistaken, but thanks for the tip, looks very interesting to me, as I like to use the alternate units in non-standard ways, to generate section weights on fabrication drawings, and am not partial to those brackets either. This opens the door to further customization of that field. :thumbsup:

Smokin', that works! :beer:

The attachments show the graphics of implementing the solution as suggested in your previous link. :)

primary units tab.JPG

alternate units.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

Here is what the settings look like to replace the brackets with parenthesis (see snippy below). Does anyone know the dimstyle function code to make the alternate unit text look like the primary unit text?alternate.JPG

primary.JPG

I read it, it doesn't change the alternate font as shown in my attached images.

I spent quite a while trying to break the association between the two dimension text items (which display fine on my machine), but even though I could change one or both of them in the text formatting toolbar while editing, to display different fonts, as soon as I exited the text formatting editor, they reverted to both being the same font called out in the textstyle designated when defining the dimstyle, or the one which I designated as new in the text formatting toolbar.

Are you using more than one textstyle in your drawing? Are there any which you might want to purge? It seems to me that if you have a single textstyle in your drawing, that the alternate dimension text would likely be forced to accept that style? Worth a shot, eh?