Renaming Layouts from a Spreadsheet

stenna

Hi all,

Is it possible to rename layouts from a spread sheet or table within a drawing?

I have loads of drawings which require the layouts renaming i to a protocol and renaming individually takes ages while the layout regenerates. :(

Your help would be most appreciated

Stenna

Excel would be good if it's possible.

I currently have a phasing template which splits each phase of work into a different layout. the client has requested that the date be added to the layout tab for easy recognition. A typical 'can you just' request :x

So the renaming would go from P1 to P1 Sat 31 for example

Shout if you need further information

Stenna

Look, i did not say it would be an excel file :) . I'm asking what is the format of your data [source] for renaming the layout tabs. We here need a basis for the program i.e. "what is" and "what will" as to automate the process.

How'd you come up with P1 to P1 Sat 31? whats the basis for that and the subsequent numbers thereafter? is there more than one layout tab per drawing? or the numbers varies from one file to another?

BTW: check the "similar threads" shown at the bottom of this page.

How'd you come up with P1 to P1 Sat 31? whats the basis for that and the subsequent numbers thereafter? is there more than one layout tab per drawing? or the numbers varies from one file to another?

pBe

The current Layout name is P1 and the sequencing would got along these lines;

P1, P1A, P2, P2A, P3, P3A and so on up to anything near P15.

P=Phase #=Phase Number

The new naming protocol would be (from the spreadsheet/table) it would be something along the lines of but the dates will change on every project P# remains the same

P1-Sat31, P1A-Sat31, P2-Sun1, P2A-Sun1, P3-Mon2 etc

P=Phase #=Phase Number - Sat31 = Date Format (or similar)

Hope that makes things clearer

Organic,

Many thanks for the post thats fantastic does just what I wanted.....Mr Lee Mac at his finest.

Page has been bookmarked , lisp installed in start up.

Thanks again

Stenna

PS pBe thanks for your help too

pBe ...

The new naming protocol would be (from the spreadsheet/table) it would be something along the lines of but the dates will change on every project P# remains the same

That is exactly what i'm asking for , where is that spreadsheet/table? or at least give us the format [lines where the data will be retrieved]

Say P1 what's the basis for Sat31? will that be the current date? And you did not answer the number of layouts?

P1, P1A, P2, P2A, P3, P3A and so on up to anything near P15. P=Phase #=Phase Numbe

What does that mean? P1 to P1A for first layout tab? or first of a series of drawings?

EDIT:

...Page has been bookmarked , lisp installed in start up.

Thanks again

Stenna

PS pBe thanks for your help too

Did not see your reply to Organic .. At least you have a working solution.

All i did was asked a bunch of questions :lol:

Good for you stenna

Organic,

Many thanks for the post thats fantastic does just what I wanted.....Mr Lee Mac at his finest.

Page has been bookmarked , lisp installed in start up.

Thanks again

Stenna

Many thanks Stenna - I'm glad you like the program!

Thank you for the recommendation Organic :thumbsup: