Problem with Mouse Scroll Wheel

valeriek29

Upgraded to AutoCAD 2007 from 2004 and am having all sorts of fun re-establishing default settings. One in particular - I'm trying to get the middle button on my mouse (i.e., scroll wheel) to zoom in/out and currently, it's panning up/down. What's the trick I'm missing? Thanks a bunch!

I've had that problem with other computers, but the problem was with the computer not acad. i found no way to fix it except to press ctrl while zooming

Sorry, but the only thing I know of, at present, that affects the mice is:-

MBUTTONPAN 0 or 1

You've probably tried this.......

If thats not it, don't worry, somebody will know, hang about!

Stephen

I'm about to go from BricsCAD v6 to AutoCAD LT 2007 and I use the scroll for zoom all the time (of course). I will check it out and report back to see if mine works or does something similar to yours.

i've had wierd problems with mice, using lt2000i, lt2006, and lt2007. usually the wheel will zoom, which is what i want. often while i'm zooming - maybe too quickly - the wheel suddenly starts panning. if i then press "ctrl" and use the wheel, then it will zoom again, but i have to keep pressing "ctrl" of course. this continues until i restart the program, usually. sometimes if i point the mouse to the menu bar and fool with the wheel there, then it will work again as desired.

i have noticed this behaviour with several different pc's, several software versions, and several mice (all microsoft). you are not alone.

Make sure that your mouse drivers are current and make sure that your settings for the mouse have the wheel listed as default..etc. If that doesn't work, select AutoCAD as one of the programs to reverse the default.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I finally accessed my PC's Control Panel and selected a different feature for the mouse wheel properties, i.e., MS Office 97 Scrolling Emulation vs. Universal Scrolling. Seems to have done the trick.

• 4 months later...

I had this same problem (need to press control to zoom with mouse wheel)using a Dell computer. I have the tilt wheel mouse that comes with the Dell mouse suite software. I found that exiting the mouse suite (runs in background on bootup) would revert the mouse to the standard driver, and my mouse function then returned to wheel=scroll. Thank heavens. :)

If you have third party mouse software (like microsoft intellipoint) it probably needs to be stopped to get your mouse to run properly in AutoCAD.

• 1 year later...

I had this problem with AutoCad LT 2007. I tried all the tricks mentioned above, but none worked. In desperation, I changed the mouse from Logitech to Dell-- that did the job.

• 3 years later...

Thank you SO much irelandmc !

I've spent the last hour banging my head against the desk with this problem and you've nailed it for me!

I can finally finish my drawing now...

• 6 months later...

I had a problem that scroll wheel reacted only on every third "klick" when scrolling. It was just about updating the driver. Microsoft Mouse and keyboard center didn´t even recognize the mouse and after this it still don´t. This is what I did:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. In the Open box, type main.cpl, and then click OK.
  3. Click the Hardware tab, click Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical Wheel Mouse, and then click Properties.
  4. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver