How to get the total square footage of a two story house?

fino

Hi, I have a project of a two story house plan that I need to finish for my uncle, I want to know how to get the total square foot of the house, this is the first time I'm making a two story plan, anybody knows, like a place were I can get reference to get it right....

Thanks....... :)....

Its the total finished living area inside the exterior perimeter for each floor. For example, a one story home with 60' x 40' exterior dimension is 2,400 sq ft. Subtract garages and other unfinished areas from the total square footage for each floor.

Fino,

What I normally do is provide two sq/ft figures; one for heated and cooled, another for total under roof. As far as as a method, I trace the perimeter with a polyline making sure it's closed, then simply use the list command, and it will give you the sq/ft. Using this method you can easily trace the areas of the floor plan that you want figures on.

Thanks for the help guys, I also use a polyline and then I listed, to get the total sq/ft.

and to get just living area, I subtract the garage, porches, patios ect.,

I got confused because some parts in the floor plan,

they go up to the second floor like the living room, dining room and some other parts,

I was unsure to count those parts or to subtract them from the second floor,

but now I get it.. Thanks....

I do production housing for builders all of the time and typically, like nestly said, it's the finished area including the exterior walls surrounding those areas. For the first floor include the stair but in the second floor exclude the stair and any tow stroy space.

Doug