lots of net are showing while extruding command-autocad

sonalik

sir,

i was making 3d car in autocad from youtube and following all instruction as is but when i was using extruding command lots of nets are coming while extruding the car and in youtube video only few lines are showing while extruding ?? may i know where i m doing mistake ?

youtube link :

please see exact on 3:43 minutes in this video .

sonali

I believe you have given the lines a 'thickness' (you can see in the top part of the properties palette) instead of making it a solid. I think you don't have a closed polyline. You should check that.

At 3:43 into the video the extrude command is used and yes there aren't many "lines". Here's what I think you did differently. I think you used a series of individual lines or polylines and when you extruded them you ended up with individual surfaces when you were expecting a single 3D solid model. BTW...if you are going to use a single polyline profile then it had better be "closed" too.

This is an example of what happens when you extruded individual lines and polylines. In this case the extruded lines are in white while the extruded polylines are in magenta.

ExtrudedLines&Polylines.JPG

The video is an interesting little exercise for those just starting to explore 3D modeling but it is simplistic at best. I think if someone were to attempting to create something a little more realistic they might want to use surfaces not solids and incorporate more complex curves into the design. The vehicle in the video looks like something a kid made in carpentry shop.

FYI - A closed profile of individual lines or polylines can sometimes be turned into a solid if one uses the PRESSPULL command rather than the EXTRUDE command.

Edited by ReMark