How to notch the bended angle?

sakne79

Using frame generator to made car chasis. Two tubes conected under angle. One tube attached to another at bended angle not on strait surface. How to notch or trim second one for nice connection?

Inventor not aloud to notch it. Only strait tubes.

Copy out from assambly in to new part? How to copy the frame generator ISO part?

I have two files one file are part file where I'm creating lines. Other is assambly file where I'm adding to lines the tubular shape.

OK! Lets start from begining.

Here is my .ipt file:

000029834229_%23_3_%23_sakner79.jpg

Here is .iam file:

000029834230_%23_3_%23_sakner79.jpg

Here are the problem, can't notch the tube witch attach to bended tube.

000029834231_%23_3_%23_sakner79.jpg

000029834232_%23_3_%23_sakner79.jpg

What is the solutions to modify the created frames?

Those are bitmap pictures, not ipt or iam files.

Make the part you want to trim active (in the iam).

Select the Copy Object command and then select the part to be used for trimming.

Set the ouput of the Copy Object command to be a Surface body.

You can now use this surface body to Split Part or Sculpt Cut the part you want to trim.

If you post two ipt pipes in one iam here I can demonstrate if you can't figure it out.

OK! Lets start from begining.

Here is my .ipt file:

Here is .iam file:

Here are the problem, can't notch the tube witch attach to bended tube.

000029834232_%23_3_%23_sakner79.jpg

What is the solutions to modify the created frames?

Just a bit of engineering criticism for you, this is a bad thing right here. Those tubes should meet at the same point in order to transfer the load. same thing with the lower tubes for your front cross member mount. Is this for your schools Mini Baja team?

Just a bit of engineering criticism for you, this is a bad thing right here. Those tubes should meet at the same point in order to transfer the load. same thing with the lower tubes for your front cross member mount. Is this for your schools Mini Baja team?

It's far from finish. So, I just can use this recomendation as advance. There will be another tube x type section for rear shock absorbers.

I'm private person and this is my hoby. Actually there are real car in progress. I'm more like race car fan.

Here it is:

000029830336_%23_3_%23_sakner79.jpg

to answer your question. Have you used the trim to frame button? Its on the design tab.

Where are you located? A friend of mine has a car you might like, a 240sx with an infinity v8 with a huge turbo. He does mostly drag racing. Since i see you have a solid axle sitting on the table im going to assume the same for you, or you are planning on a lot of power:)

At some point in your training they should have covered the fact that an assembly with out parts (just like the real world) is useless. The iam file is simply a list of hyperlinks to part files and a record of constraints and a bit more. Need the ipt files.

Only need to copy trimming faces as surfaces as shown in images.

And this only applies to bent sections - the rest can be trimmed with standard frame generator tools.

Only need to copy trimming faces as surfaces as shown in images.

And this only applies to bent sections - the rest can be trimmed with standard frame generator tools.

Yes, I understand that. Thank you very much! Your solution help me lot. Did all sculp job.

In previous question I was talking about different things. What to do with assambly file and there generated tubes. How to made them as parts? Here are my question again:

So, each frame generator tube in assambly should be copy in to new part file after creating?

All main frame can be created in one part file? Or each part should be created separatelly?