Problems with numbering and bullets not continuing its sequence automatically

Does any one have any idea why MTEXT does not continue its numbering and bullet system. For example in the attached file under "GENERAL NOES" section when I delete item "7" item "8" does not change automatically to "7" and "9" to "8" and so on. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I will also appreciate if anyone knows a good tutorial on advanced bullet and numbering in MTEXT such as (see attach screen shot)

thank you.

MTEXT.dwg

Mtext wish.JPG

Edited by jaff

Not sure if MTEXT was created with "advanced bullets" in mind. Couldn't you create the text in another program (ex. - Word) then import it into MTEXT?

Advanced bullet? Let's harken back to English 101. It's called an alphanumeric outline which consists of

If you are going to criticize people's post make sure is more productive than just your 101 lessons. There are people like me that come from other countries and find this type of lesson useless. If you are so smart you should also continue your lessons and perhaps answer the question.

Loved your private email!:lol::lol::lol: I'd post it here but that kind of language is not allowed in the forums. BTW...I wouldn't be intolerant of you just because you're from California. I have a brother, an uncle and a good friend who live there and I don't hold it against them.:shock::lol:

You can tell AutoCAD to switch to letters via the Contextual MTEXT Ribbon at the top of your screen. Use the drop down for Bullets and Numbering then highlight Lettering. A fly-out menu gives the user a choice between Lowercase or Uppercase letters. Not sure how you force it to indent though.

Just stumbled across this. Maybe you've already read it?

http://www.dummies.com/programming/autocad/how-to-add-bulleted-and-numbered-lists-in-autocad-2014/

Edited by ReMark

It does, if you set it up to continue.

The only way it continues is by manually using the drop down arrow under Bullets and Numbering and selecting continue. It is possible to set this automatically?

Thanks RobDraw.

Mtext 01.JPG

I'm afraid this probably a case of OIE, most of that MText is set to continue. For some reason that section was formatted differently.

It is simple formatting thing. "Advanced bulleting" is relatively new to AutoCAD and AFAIK still a bit clunky but I'm not well versed in document formatting. I think it can do far more than I know how to do. I can tell you this, though. If you turn on the MText editor toolbar, you will find bulleting and other formatting tools that should be at least somewhat familiar to you from other programs. Also, right click contextual menus can be quite handy with this type of thing.

Thanks RobDraw for your input. I guess this is something that I have to deal with. It is unfortunate because it happens in a lot of other sections and is cumbersome to fix and at times it goes with out notice that the numbers are out of sequence when making adjustments to the the notes.

Yeah, if it is not formatted correctly there, it is probably that way elsewhere. I only checked a couple other areas but they were set correctly.

I hate to ask such an obvious question, but have you tried selecting all and setting it to continue? I would expect to have to fix a couple of things from more OIEs, but it should help get you straightened out.

It is a good question RobDraw, I did select all ( I mean everything inside the MText and that was bad when I set it to continue ) however, when I selected all the text in the "General Notes" section it fixed the problem. I have to do this for each individual section and hopefully will work.

Thank you so much RobDraw for your input, I feel like I am heading in the right path.

Before you got critical of Remark he did offer the simplest answer copy the mtext into Word fix it up and paste back, just find it easier to do bullets etc in word and copy and paste. We also have a highly educated Word user so that helps and get her to format it all to the way we want.

I proposed this option to co-workers and my request for using word was overruled because one of my coworkers used this process before at another company and said that it was not efficient. I think he was probably using an older version of AutoCAD. I suggested to give word a try but no avail. Thanks.