quick aligning text 's centres along a vertical axis?

I have a drawing with lots of text of rooms and their sizes. I would like to align the centers of the text so that they have all a middle alignment. just like in coreldraw we have an option of aligning the objects of text along a vertical axis is there such command in autocad?

jpf6B.jpg

You can do this in autocad in a few different ways.

I suggest you selecting one of the text items which you wish to align, and then open PROPERTIES.

You will then be able to adjust the justification setting for it. Try MIDDLE CENTER. Press ENTER.

Reposition this text to the desired location, then COPY the x Axis value to your clipboard.

Now select all of the text which you would like to align with it.

In the PROPERTIES you will llikely see their JUSTIFY settings described as VARIES. Change VARIES to MIDDLE CENTER. You could also use JUSTIFYTEXT to change the justification attribute

of a selection of Text object, without moving them, of changing their appearance.

Now that you have changed all of those text items to justify MIDDLE CENTER, all you need to do is PASTE the X Value from your clipboard into the

X Value field in PROPERTIES for that entire group, then press ENTER and they should all be aligned on their centers along a common vertical axis.

You can use the same technique to horizontally align text , of course selecting the appropriate Y axis values.

Edited by Dadgad

• 1 year later...

Hey all. Sorry for dragging this up, but since I found it using Google and it pertains more or less to the matter at hand, I thought it would be better than opening up a new thread.

My problem: I usuall create text by clicking the text button then click dragging from one snap point to another snap point in the geometry I am trying to write in. Say, a box: I'd click drag from upper left corner snap to lower right corner snap. This gives me horizontal text that is centered in the MC. But what if I want the text to be rotated vertically to center it in the rectangle highlighted below? Usually I make the text, then rotate it and place it manually, but then it is never really centered.

Could someone please help me with this? Greatly appreciate it.

Ashampoo_Snap_2013.02.20_11h29m15s_008_.png

• 2 months later...

hey, i think it is helpful, convert the text in MTEXT, then make sure you justify your text in MC, and then drag the grips on each corner.