Plotting

trudious

How do I set my paper space to print A3 am using autocad 2007 and have spend days trying to figure it out. How to I get a title block/template to fit A3. Please help is Urgent

You can change the default plotting manager (the window you see when you press CTRL+P), by typing "pagesetup" end edit the default.

in this window, you can select A3 as the paper size as shown in the picture below.

plotting.jpg

if you want to print an A3 layout, you can select under "what to plot", the window tab and you will be prompt for an window. In the scale tab you can set the scaling.

I reccomend selecting the "Center the plot", because this will center the selected window to the paper.

Then set the drawing orientation to the needed orientation.

plotting - 2.png

I hope i helped you with your problem

It may not fit because you forgot to take into account those dashed lines one sees in a layout that represent the limits to which AutoCAD will plot. I vaguely recall there is a way around this but I can't tell you what it is. This came up in discussion recently (within the last month I believe).

for this issue, I always draw an inner rectangle, offsetted 10mm from the outer line, which is the paper size.

This way, the title block is visible and, for me, the drawing looks nicer than without border.