I'd like to import a hatch

bbankston

I don't understand.

Custom Hatch patterns/ PAT-extension file rules:

1. File name and hatch pattern name must be one and the same.

2. One hatch pattern per file.

3. there must be a single blank line at the end of the definition in the PAT

file.

4. The PAT file(s) must be in AutoCAD's search path.

How do I put it in AutoCAD's search path?

Hi,

hopefully the hatchpattern you have downloaded will have the points 1 to 4 already covered.

You need to copy this file to your support path location, as versions of AutoCAD vary in there location paths, its often easier to use windows to search your hard drive for *.pat and copy your file there.

I would guess as c:docs and settings/username/application data/autodesk/ and look there for the "Support Folder". Put the file there and it should work.

Thank you very much, A1DWG. That worked perfectly! And jeez! AutoCAD doesn't make this easy do they? Heck, Adobe software is MUCH easier than that!

Glad to be of help. There are lots of AutoCAD quirks, but all in all its not a bad package.

For long term enjoyment... Create your own directory and put all your custom stuff in there like hatch patterns, "acad.lsp" and "acaddoc.lsp", linetype files, shape files, menu files, etc.

Put this new directory at the TOP of your support file search path.

Then when you upgrade, reinstall, etc. - all you have to do is add this one support path to AutoCAD. No more searching the hard drive for all your custom files, etc.

More details: http://cadpanacea.com/node/34