how to start a new layout view without destroying previous layout view?

I just created a nice left layout view, now i would like to make a front layout view, but when i go to front there area bunch of lines runing odd angles, if i delete those the left layout view is missing lines now?

Can you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post? It would be helpful if we could see what you are working with. An image will not suffice; we need a .DWG file. Thank you.

AutoCAD 2005. I don't have anything that old running on my computer. Refresh my memory. Does 2005 have the ability to freeze layers in a paper space layout via the Layer Properties Manager?

I just created a nice left layout view......

Unfortunately, you have not been drawing in one plane. Try listing the lines, and in a lot of cases, the z value differs at each end of the line.

If this view was drawn properly, the appearance in the Top view would be one line only!

Unfortunately, you have not been drawing in one plane. Try listing the lines, and in a lot of cases, the z value differs at each end of the line.

If this view was drawn properly, the appearance in the Top view would be one line only!

You might want to try using Polylines, instead of Lines, as they will always be drawn flat, and parallel to your UCS, so that both end points will have the same Z value. I hardly ever use Lines, because of this difference.

I haven't looked at the dwg, but based on eldon's post, seems like it might be a good idea.

Edited by Dadgad

I see , u r sugesting I might have to have a layer for each layout? Yes I can make a layer for each layout and freeze or thaw.

No, I was not. Please refer back to the question I asked re: the ability to freeze layers in individual viewports.

I will now try making a detailed 2d view and saving in documents for each face, then finally try making a perspective view , similar to sheet sets..