Xref-minimize File Size

JPLineman

While creating a plant model using Autocad 2007 Solids, I have been taking advantage of Autocad’s intended features, to minimize drawing size. Features like demand loading of xrefs and xclip allow me to load only the information I need. This makes it easy to work on a plant drawing that would otherwise be very large and slow to respond. The problem I’m having is when I’m required to send the drawing to someone else I either have to bind all of the xrefs or include all the files with the original drawing. In both cases, I am including much more information than they might need or that I want them to have. Is there a built in way to save the drawing with it’s minimal information without physically paring it down?

By using demand loading you can minimize the amount of data you are handling while working in Autocad. Only the informatiion you want is loaded. However, it would be nice to save the drawing in that state, in case I need to send the drawing file to someone else.