Zero feet and Zero in suppression

Does any one knows how to suppress zeros in dimension dialog boxes? For example, for the dimension style (Se_DIM-12) the text height reads 0'-0 3/32" and I want it to read 3/32" (eliminate all the zeros) as in dimension style (DIM-12). See attached screen shots.

Se_DIM 12 - 1.JPG

DIM 12 - 1.JPG

Yes, I check the box for the Zero suppression but I do not think it has to do with this. I think is a system variable set or some type of setting that needs to be modified in the drawing.

I did update the dimension but the values in the dialog box remain the same (0'-0 1/16" will not change to 1/16") it is not a big deal because my dimensions work fine is just annoying to me. I like to see things clean.

On the Primary Units tab, set your Units format as Fractional, and select Leading Zero suppression, as shown in the screenshot...

You may want to also apply Leading zero suppression in your angular dimensions.

fractional 0 dim surpression.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

That's one way. There are others. Funny thing is the images in the OP appear as though the zeros are being suppressed. I bet he was modifying the wrong dimstyle.

RobDraw, Dadgad, I think you both have completely missed the question. The OP wants to suppress the zeros in the dialog box, not in the dimensions.

Mine stay if I type in just 3/32", 1/8", etc. (or even .09375 or .125), though they default to leading zeros and will return if I just delete the zeros from what is the default. Not sure what drives the zero displays in the dialog boxes.

RobDraw, Dadgad, I think you both have completely missed the question. The OP wants to suppress the zeros in the dialog box, not in the dimensions.

Mine stay if I type in just 3/32", 1/8", etc. (or even .09375 or .125), though they default to leading zeros and will return if I just delete the zeros from what is the default. Not sure what drives the zero displays in the dialog boxes.

SLW, yeah, having reread the thread, I believe you are correct. :beer:

Rob in his screenshots, the dimension on the right side diagonal edge is displaying the unwanted leading zero.

Now that I think I misread the problem, this doesn't really seem like a big problem, since as the OP says his actual dimensions are fine.

I mistakenly thought THEIR display was the problem. :beer:

SLW... Thank you for clarifying my post to RobDraw & Dadgad.

RobDraw: I am posting the files.

The Se_DIM-12 shows the leading zero feet and zero inches in the DIMSTYLE DIALOG BOX.

The DIM-12 shows no leading or trailing zeros in the parameters. (see screen shot)

I am just curious of why and how this happens? It is not a serious matter.

Thank you all for the help. It is truly appreciated.

p.s.: WHAT IS "OP" STANDS FOR?

Se_DIM-12.dwg

DIM-12.dwg

DIM-12.JPG

I apologize if I did not make myself clear in the beginning of the post.

You were clear. It was me that wasn't. I couldn't understand why you mentioned dialog boxes, so I just assumed you meant the dimensions.