How do I delete licence from stolen computer to install on new computer

EvanZabadah

I have a 2013 inventor student version that I need to put on new computer but I don't have the old one computer to delete how do I change over thanks

Just install it and put in your serial number or activation code, which ever one the prompts ask for. Simple as pie. There is a license migration feature, but you don't need it, and it doesn't work unless you have the old computer anyway.

Last I knew, Student licenses were for a single install/single computer, so it may not be possible to activate it. Even if the activation works on the new computer, I'd let Autodesk know your original license is no longer in your possession. Use the same account/info you initially used to obtain your student license when you contact them.

Last I knew, Student licenses were for a single install/single computer, so it may not be possible to activate it. Even if the activation works on the new computer, I'd let Autodesk know your original license is no longer in your possession. Use the same account/info you initially used to obtain your student license when you contact them.
I didn't know the Edu was limited to one install. It may very well be. But, yes contact AutoDesk. In three years one can't have something happen to a computer? That is pretty short sighted of AutoDesk.

Considering they're giving away thousands (or tens of thousands) of dollars worth of software for free... I don't think it's unreasonable to have tight restriction on the number of installs/activations. My observation is that Autodesk is VERY accommodating (too accommodating IMO) to Students, they just want to be sure it's actually legitimate students using the program.

The student license can be Activated twice. (this is for any particular release - any new release is also a new license)

The previous Activation Code will not work for a new machine - will have to go through the Activation process to get new code.

But, why not download 2014, or better yet, 2015 for a brand new 3-yr student license (your new computer is likely Win 8 which isn't supported by 2013 anyhow)?