importing logos for laser cutting

wpgdan

Not sure if this is a "beginner" question or not, but I was curious to see if anyone has any tips on importing logos.

I would like to import logos in to my cad drawings that i send out for laser cutting. Is there an easy (easier) way to produce a laser ready dxf of complex logos?

I have done a couple in teh past and faught with it the entire way.

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome in the forum!

What is the file format you wish to import? If you can import it in a vector format you are done. For a raster format you have basically two options: convert it to vector and adjust the result, or import it as it is and trace over.

Oh, and there is a third way: ask someone to do it for you.

The old fashioned way is to photocopy the logo on to a transparency and tape it over the screen. You can then draw it with your CAD system. This is very time consuming.

Arbor Image makes software that takes the scanned image and turns it into a file you can use. Check it out at http://www.arborimage.com/

No, never seen THAT happening, I did have classmates that tried to measure stuff on the screen...

Wpgdan, don't ever put stuff on your screen unless it's a touchscreen or a drawingtablet... (you zoom+pan a view times and you're screwd(as I did to my classmates to prove my point. :lol: ))

Follow Fuccaro's advice, he's right...