survey figures

wrmurphy81

Is there a way to automatically bring in my figure lines as breaklines? I have setup a figure prefix database with certain codes to be breaklines. All of the lines are coming in, but the surface doesnt seem to recognize them. I have tried setting them up on Site 1 and Survey Site, but nothing changes. Is there some way I can have these automatically added to my surface?

No, you have to add the breaklines to the Surface, using the "Create Breaklines..." command. There's no way to get it to happen automatically upon import.

Not sure exactly but basicly our surveyor has field codes some end with -b meaning use as a breakline these go on there own layer basicly all these layers are then simply picked and like Sinc "Create breaklines" advantage all done at once.

Not sure exactly but basicly our surveyor has field codes some end with -b meaning use as a breakline these go on there own layer basicly all these layers are then simply picked and like Sinc "Create breaklines" advantage all done at once.

I think we may be saying different things...

I've never seen any ability to use a "-b" command to declare a breakline in C3D's F2F system. Are you using something else for your linework coding?

In C3D, you declare certain Figure Codes to be Breaklines in the Figure Prefix Library. Then once you "Import Survey Data", you can right-click on the Figures (on the Survey tab of Toolspace) and create breaklines. Every Figure Code that is flagged as a Breakline gets added to the Surface. This is something shown in that Survey F2F demo I posted recently.

Sorry to mislead

Layer name STR-RD-EB-B its a road string edge of bitumen and a breakline.

Layer name STR-RD-EB its a road string edge of bitumen and not a breakline.

Just use layers to identify what are breaklines

That's not the typical way of using C3D's built-in F2F functionality... With that, the breaklines are defined in the Figure Prefix Library:

FigurePrefixDatabase.jpg

Note how "Breakline" is selected for some codes, and not for others. Then on the Survey tab in Toolspace, you can select on one of the Figure collections and right-click, then use "Create Breaklines..."

SDB.png

The difference is that if you select the one in the Import Event, you'll only add Figures from that Import Event. The lower one will add ALL figures that are flagged as Breaklines, even if you import the data in different Import Events.

I agree with Bigal about how surveyors in my experience typically code strings in the field as breaklines and then (in some software packages anyway) upload the data so that the strings are defined as breadlines automatically. I'm not sure if Civil 3D can do it though, although I imagine it would be able to.