Images won't print

twobig4u01

Im useing AutoCad2007. I inserted some images into a drawing and they wont print out. I hit print preview and they show up but when i print them they are not here. I checked the layer and made sure it was set to plot. Can someone help? Thanks

Do you have lines over the images do they appear in the plot preview? If you have images only are you sure your plot scale is ok or window area set correct it may be something that simple.

Check if the image you inserted is on a layer which is set to print off. If it is this just click the printer icon in front of the layer name in the layers window and the image will be printed.

Tom:)

This will not solve your problem, just to show that AutoCAd doesn't like images very much:

Once I clicked the check mark "Plot up side down" in the plot dialod. Guess what: the drawing plotted up side down. As it says the check mark. Only the images were not rotated. So I got a good print of the drawind with up-side-down images :(

This only happens on this sheet out of all of the other sheets, the funny thing is it only happens to me. I had a co-worker print the same page from his computer and it worked fine.

• 2 months later...

I think (unconfirmed) that this is caused by insufficient memory. For some reason AutoCAD takes a ton of memory to print. Maybe the other computers have more free memory?

I don't know what the problem was but what i ended up doing was creating another view port and i had to do it land desktop instead on regular auto CAD. Its weired but i finally got it.

I have to do that regularly. I bring my laptop to work since I have to print large hi-rez images in CAD frequently. I've asked for a memory upgrade on my computer. I'll comment back and let you know if this fixes it.

• 1 year later...

The problem is the size of the file that is being dealt with. Here's the solution for the problem:

• Open the plot window. (cntrl + P, or type plot and hit enter)
  • Click on properties next to the plotter selected (in this case a PDF writer.)
  • Under the "Device and Document Settings" tab expand the Graphics settings.
  • Click on the Raster Graphics item.
  • Slide the slider back to the middle of the bar for both the Raster and OLE settings.
  • Click OK

The document should be ready to print without error. If not, adjust the quality of the Raster and OLE settings down further and try again.

I've experienced this problem as well and I used -purge. This purges the regapps not being used. This may go back to the whole memory thing but I'm not sure. Anyway, once the regapps were purged, we had little trouble plotting images. I now us -purge on almost every drawing.

The problem is the size of the file that is being dealt with. Here's the solution for the problem:

• Open the plot window. (cntrl + P, or type plot and hit enter)
  • Click on properties next to the plotter selected (in this case a PDF writer.)
  • Under the "Device and Document Settings" tab expand the Graphics settings.
  • Click on the Raster Graphics item.
  • Slide the slider back to the middle of the bar for both the Raster and OLE settings.
  • Click OK

The document should be ready to print without error. If not, adjust the quality of the Raster and OLE settings down further and try again.

Tried this today, worked great! Gonna have to write this one down too. Thanks apatceg!