Basic CAD commands

kevin1973

Does anybody know where I can get a "basic" list of cad commands? I have some guys that are just learning and it would help me out to have a list of basic draw commands and basic modify commands to help show them. They used to have a pull-out in the back of the cad books but I can not find one now.

Thanks.

hmm.....A suggestion: I would take a Print screen of the Modify-toolbar and the Draw-toolbar (guessing on the names), dump the Print Screens in Paint, magnify the toolbars til they fill a A4, print it out and then mark each of the buttons with the corresponding command and give your students.

Just an idea.

Does anybody know where I can get a "basic" list of cad commands? I have some guys that are just learning and it would help me out to have a list of basic draw commands and basic modify commands to help show them. They used to have a pull-out in the back of the cad books but I can not find one now.

Thanks.

Which CAD?

If you have posted here It must be AutoCAD but there are a lot of different cad programmes out there. 2D and 3D.

Press the F1 key (help) it will give a long list which is not what really what you are asking for.

Basic Autocad Commands- Line,Circle,Arc,Text, Xline,

You have to understand I am trying to teach an old dog new tricks and was just looking for something quick and easy that others have used to help teach some simple basic commands. I will probably just write something up myself along with everything else I'm writing up for our Cad department.

Thanks for the help.

You may not get as far as you think.

For first, the ailias routines ought to kick in once you get going.

L for line,

C for circle,

A for arc,

etc.

Wm.

autocad command aliases i found in

Filemane:C:\Documents and Setting\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D Land

i use civil 3d but i hope these helps

• 1 month later...

I agree with most regarding how useless the web text service can sometimes be but i have to ask as to how much you are you paying to use these free web texts?

Hi everyone,

For my english spoken trainees, I give us that in first level.

You can use it

Bye

Pascal

Thanks Pascal,

That was awesome. I think that will help a great deal.

Hi everyone,

You can use it

Bye

Pascal

beware of the error in the first one. The shortcut E cannot mean both erase & stretch :wink: and a few others aren't recognised heree although I have modified my pgp extensively and I may have changed those that don't work.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

You can use it

Bye

Pascal

It's really Great Thanks for sharing...

Thanks.

I did a quick google search for "Autocad For Dummies" and found some sites that offer PDF files. This may be worth looking into. The "For Dummies" series tends to be a lot less intimidating for "old dogs" than a lot of the other Autocad reference books. Good luck with the transition. Old drafters tend to get cranky when you try to take their leadholders away. I worked with one old mechanical drafter that was forced to transition to Autocad, he was convinced that Satan invented computers in general.:)