New Plotter not printing all the drawing

Steve Johnstone

We have installed a new plotter and are having trouble plotting directly from AutoCAD. If we create a pdf and then send the pdf to the plotter it plots fine. If we send a plot directly to the plotter the plotter feeds about a third of the sheet in and then starts plotting. The third that is missing is the btm of the sheet. we plot A1 sheets from paperspace. We check the plot preview and everything looks right. This is a problem on all computers in the office. We've had a Tech from HP out to check the plotter but they say since the pdf plots fine then its an AutoCAD problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Johnstone

• BIGAL

• SLW210

• bjenk8100

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This says DWG to pdf is not the problem rather when you use the plotter HPXXXX. Are you just changing to it, are the other setting changing the sheet size, you can have hidden values even though its called A1 it could be the size of a stamp when plotting as that is what has been saved rather than a plot name, we have plotted 3500mmx541mm no probs just set up the sheet correct. I have a sheet called 4400x3500 for plotting jpgs at high res.

Go into the printer properties in windows and in Autocad check your sheet sizes not just what they are called but actual plot area size.

Ps Go advanced do screen grab and post an image no need for word and then we can see without opening. Use paste to Paint then save as JPG.

Yes, the paper size and/or orientation is off at the Plotter Properties or at the plotter most likely.

Show the Plot settings and plotter properties for plotting to the plotter.

I have been in same situation before. Choosing extents in print-page layout and center plot would work for us. Make sure scale doesnt change. That is not solving the problem but it did work. I also found that printing to pdf's and then to plotter actually processed faster. Also, might be some kind of downoad/driver out there for your plotter and autocad. A google search can help that possibility.

Your A1 looks correct when you do the preview what do you see ? Is it the complete title block ?

Also check outside Autocad from windows control panel, printers, again check the settings under properties that the A1 size is set corrrect. Is it manual or roll feed etc

I can guarantee that Autocad can say one thing and Windows printer settings are different, screwing up the plots.

The Print preview looks fine.

I've gone into windows to check the sizing and that is fine.

I've tried creating my own custom sheet in windows which is the same as an A1

then tried plotting with it but that didn't work either.

I don't think it is the sheet size because the plotter cuts off the correct width of sheet.

Also the plotter is fine when plotting a pdf so it knows what an A1 sheet is.

The problem appears to be the printable area ie the boundary at the top is set to 200mm instead of 5mm however the properties check-out okay

and the plot preview is okay........

Call whoever you bought it off to fix it if its brand new. We are all saying the same thing it has to be a setting somewhere. Go through every plot setting in Autocad and windows the pdf is telling the plotter what to do, plot a A3 A2 etc as a test.

already had the Tech Guy in. HP claims that since its plotting pdf's okay then its not the plotter its an AutoCAD problem..

Will try other plot size configurations

Can you post the Plotter Properties settings as requested?

Maybe post the drawing file and someone can check it out. Generally speaking, usually, if the plot preview is correct, the problem is the plotter driver or settings at the plotter.