Changing layer colours within viewports at the command line.

Glen1980

I am producing some floor plans which I am having to split into several sheets. I am reusing the overall plan in small scale as a key/location plan (in a seperate viewport).

As the viewport is at small scale I want to make the pens thinner so walls don't come out too thick so I go into the layer manager and change the viewport pen colours and freeze off unwanted layers. Trouble is although I can copy the viewport between sheets and drawings it won't remember the layer settings is there a way that I can either:

• Set a variable to remember the layer settings within the viewport when copying

• Write a script to change the layer colours within the viewport and vp freeze the unwanted layers so all the keyplan match between all of my sheets.

The script wouldn't be too much problem for me as I mostly use key commands but when I tried changing the layer colours using -la -> c -> red all the viewports changed not just the current one. Is there a different command to change the viewport colours or is it just not possible from the command line.

VPlayer from memory -la C etc is setting model space paparmeters hence all Viewports change, VPlayer is current view port setting overwriting global model settings. It may be as simple as -la VP etc

Cheers BIGAL. VPLAYER -> C did the trick perfectly.

I did use action recorder which worked sometimes but other times only changed some of the layers and turned off the wrong layers. I might need to read up on action recorder as that looks like it could save time on some repetative tasks.