DWG to PDF printing problems

aigars007

Hi!

Can someone please help me with the ploting problem? Couse when I plot my AutoCad drawings to PDF format places where are solid hatch it gets striped, brushed and so what ever... I have tried every thing I know starting with various PDF printers, tried to change some sttings in AutoCad plot sections no use! Im getting a little bit mad of this s**t. :oops:

Maby there is some ploting setings or something?! :ouch:

What can I do is there someone that could help me plssssss.

Thanks a LOT! o:)

plans-Model.pdf

Congrats on your first post, and welcome to the forums!

What I have had to do prior to using 2009 applications, is a simple two step process.

• Publish to DWF (Step # 1) > Print the DWF to PDF (Step # 2)

More specifically, the way I've done this in the past (this isn't the only way), is to create a named page setup which prints my plan sheets to DWF correctly. My DWFePlot driver shifts the page to the right, so even if it looks good in the plot preview, check the resulting DWF file!

Save this page setup to the cover sheet in my plan set.

Then in the publish window, add your drawings, and for sheets other than your cover sheet (where the page setup is saved), import said page setup from the cover sheet.

Check the button for printing to DWF, and publish.

Hope this helps!

I use DWG TRUEVIEW 2010 downloaded free from the AutoDesk website to plot to pdf format. Merely open the drawing in trueview and print just as if it were AutoCAD. It solved all of my print quality issues I have with AutoCAD LT 2009 and my issues were the same as yours. Fonts printing fuzzy or not at all, hatches messed up, and random line weight changes all solved.

Another side benefit is that the resulting pdf is almost 80% smaller in file size than the AutoCAD output, even though the layer names and on/off controls are still there in the pdf. If you use a lot of blocks and xrefs, you may be asked to try and resolve "Unresolved External References" or ignore them. I usually have no issues ignoring them.

Yeah, we use TrueView 2010 also, but not for this task.

In lieu of the AutoCAD PDF driver provided with C3D LDC 2009, we actually had much better quality using the driver that came with DeskPDF. One shot-go... simply publish to PDF. Great quality, small package. :)

• 2 months later...
Yeah, we use TrueView 2010 also, but not for this task.

In lieu of the AutoCAD PDF driver provided with C3D LDC 2009, we actually had much better quality using the driver that came with DeskPDF. One shot-go... simply publish to PDF. Great quality, small package. :)

Could you please send me that Autocad driver that you were talking about?! rogis3@inbox.lv

thanx

I tried the DWG truewiev it was ok, but now I have Windows 7 and the truewiev doesnt work... :(

Could you please send me that Autocad driver that you were talking about?! rogis3@inbox.lv

thanx

I tried the DWG truewiev it was ok, but now I have Windows 7 and the truewiev doesnt work... :(

Go back and download TrueView 2011. It is Win 7 compatible. In 20 minutes you'll be running again.

Go back and download TrueView 2011. It is Win 7 compatible. In 20 minutes you'll be running again.

We're in the process of migrating all active projects to new servers, and will be getting all new PC's with Windows 7 on them... I had requested TrueView 2010 be installed, but if I now need 2011, I need to inform Management, and IT ASAP.

Thanks for the information, Dana. :beer:

We're in the process of migrating all active projects to new servers, and will be getting all new PC's with Windows 7 on them... I had requested TrueView 2010 be installed, but if I now need 2011, I need to inform Management, and IT ASAP.

Thanks for the information, Dana. :beer:

Well, I thought TrueView 2010 was Win 7 compatible. However, 2011 is for sure. I don't even see a place for TrueView 2010 to be downloaded from any more. Apparently AutoDesk updated it and it is still retrofitted to the older stuff too.