shaded Materials

Raudel Solis

some materials in 3ds Max appear shaded with 1 solid color, and other materials appear with Textures.. why is that?

i switched from nitrous to Direct3d

Direct3d looked like ****

so it was useless.. and i switched back to Nitrous, now i know the driver is not an issue

materials are set to "show shaded material in viewport"

the maps should still show up in this mode.. but they only show up shaded in 1 solid color

help anyone :unsure:

Capturer32.jpg

What materials are you using?

Do both objects have UVW mapping applied?

Can you post the file, (and the texture maps), so I can take a look?

Autodesk material library -wood-

Mental ray renderer

all objects have their appropriate uvw..

UVW is not needed in many cases if the object was set to "generate mapping coordinates" and "use real world map size"

continuing... here is a scene with the issue

the past year you guys were saying that student files are like viruses.. something about the student files making every cad file into a student file.. :lol:

i dont see how that is possible.. anyways.. the attached 3ds max file is a student file because if you recall im 16 years old :)

error scene.max

Autodesk material library -wood-

UVW is not needed in many cases if the object was set to "generate mapping coordinates" and "use real world map size"

I have no idea how you created those objects. That's why I asked.

the past year you guys were saying that student files are like viruses.. something about the student files making every cad file into a student file.. :lol:

i dont see how that is possible

That was in regards to Autocad files, not Studio Max files. If you try to use content created with the Autocad student version, in your commercial Autocad version, the educational stamp will be added to your drawing. I don't think the same rules apply to Max files.

I will take a look at your file when I get a chance.

materials are set to "show shaded material in viewport"

In order to see the materials in the viewport you need to go into the material properties and set the source images to display in viewport.

as i stated my materials were already set like that to begin with :unsure:

the issue still exist.

I will make a report to autodesk.. maybe the issue is fixed in the 2013 release ?:twisted:

3ds max 2012 up to date, i just ditched it for 3ds Max 2013.

Oh god.. Autodesk Released 3ds Max 2013 On mac :facepalm:

3ds Max 2013 Still has the same "shaded material" issue. some show correctly some do not.:glare:

Thanks for the help though

In order to see the materials in the viewport you need to go into the material properties and set the source images to display in viewport.

AH WOW... i understood the part about display in viewport, what i didnt catch the first time i read this was to "go to the source images" and set them to display in viewport..

GENIUS my friend, pure genius.

Problem solved 8)