Rulesurf in a script file

askiffy05

First post so cut me some slack if this isn't in the right spot!

I have software that creates a script file and essentially dumps circles into AutoCad. The manual part is using rulesurf to connect them (each circle has a different 'z' elevation - and x,y for that matter).

Basically, I'm trying to further automate the process and create the 3D image with minimal user input. I've played around with the rulesurf command in the .scr file but I'm not having any luck. Two of the circles and the rulesurf attempt is below - I add the radius of the circle to the center point's 'y' value in order to select the object

circle

3.76,-4.83,-190.00

circle

3.72,-5.03,-310.00

surftab1

rulesurf

3.76,54.17,-190.00

3.72,53.97,-310.00

The weird thing is, when I look at the command window after the failed attempt, I can see my x,y,z point I use to find the circle being rejected :( When I type the x,y,z point in manually it never has issue finding the circle.

I'm using ACAD 2015 with a acad3D.dwt file.

Any advice would be great as I'm just getting started with my dive into .scr files and the POWER they hold! Recommended readings would be awesome too. I'm a darn good drafter now working on my engineering degree - so I'm not afraid to learn or take criticism! Thanks

I figured it out! ACAD didn't recognize the circles as they were outside of the viewing area...I learn more everyday. But if anyone can make recommended readings to help further along my .scr knowledge I'd appreciate it!

zoom

extents

circle

3.76,-4.83,-190.00

circle

3.72,-5.03,-310.00

surftab1

rulesurf

3.76,54.17,-190.00

3.72,53.97,-310.00