AC Lt, Objects not coplanar, I've read several threads but still have one question

USing AutoCAD LT 2006. How in the heck did I get Z coordinates when I did not input them? I'm using a computer an assistant used a few years back, and she would do some 3d stuff in LT. Now, when I try and use it, I'm getting lines some with z coordinates and some without, these are very simple shapes (pools) that I use a the ARC command and then join them into a polyline for perimeter and area calculations.

Can I turn off something so all my drawings stay on the same plane?

If you are using LT, unless I am much mistaken, you can't enter z coordinates. I could be wrong about that, simply due to the fact that I don't use LT, but as far as I know, LT is a 2D platform. What may have happened is that a drawing done in Autocad in 3d was inserted at some point. LT will open any Autocad drawing but you shouldn't be able to create 3d objects in LT.

Since you are using LT one possibility is immediately ruled out and that would be a lisp routine somehow changing your "Z" elevation on you.

Just curious...does LT have a THICKNESS command? If so, what is the value set to?

I haven't used LT for around 10 years, but I have a fairly distinct recollection of both thickness and the ability to draw on all 3 axes.

Since you are using LT one possibility is immediately ruled out and that would be a lisp routine somehow changing your "Z" elevation on you.

Just curious...does LT have a THICKNESS command? If so, what is the value set to?

Yes it does. It also has Z coordinates. But I don't use it, my assistant set this particular machine/program up and she would sometimes do 3d drawings. I'd like to use this machine, but it seems to randomly throw in z coords. Attaching a quick file I made to show how I cannot do polylines and some lines are way off in z land.

Can't seem to duplicate this problem with a newly created file. Vexing

Very interesting. All the sales literature from Autodesk hypes LT as the perfect 2d solution. If you can actually draw in 3d with it, I may have to take a closer look. Been thinking about adding a 3rd machine to my set up here, and LT would save a pile of money. My daughter sometimes helps me out on simple stuff, and LT would run on her laptop. She could do it for me at home instead of coming here......hmmmmm.

Think I'll go download the trial and see.

Jack,

With LT you can draw simple geometry elements such as lines, arcs, circles etc. in 3d by either z axis cooridnate entry and or modifying the UCS as needed. You cannot create 3d solid objects. You can open a drawing that has 3d solids and manipulate the objects by move, copy, and so on and you can view them in 3d but you cannot perform a render.

Are you using a template that someone created that may have a THICKNESS value of greater than "0"?

Where would the thickness Value be located? I'm assuming this is different than the line weight in properties?