HELP:Autocad scale/print

Bill13

Hey i need some help with autocad...i use autocad 2005(we use this version in college).I have on a paper a 1:100 drawing which i should draw it in autocad on 1:50 scale.i finished the drawing but i have to print it also what should i do??..note:i did not change mm to meters from units..i must do it again from the beginning?:? :? Thank you! :shock:

Welcome to Cadtutor, Bill

In AutoCAD, you should draw everything 1:1 Scaling takes place when you print/plot. However, even if you did not draw it 1:1 in Autocad, you will NOT have to redraw anything as long as you were consistent when transferring the measurements from the paper drawing into AutoCAD.

It would be easiest if you could attach the portion of the .dwg file that you have competed, and perhaps even a scan of the paper drawing, and any specific instructions you were given.

Ok i attached the drawing...its ok i just want to convert it to 1:50 so i can print it.

(the only thing that has to be printed is that small ground floor plan only).

Drawing1.dwg

Let me qualify this by saying that I never work in metric, but it appears to me that your house is only 12.5mm x 8.35mm. I would use the SCALE command to increase the size by a factor of 1000, then create a fresh layout, make a new viewport, set the scale to 1:50 from the Viewports toolbar, and print (A4 paper will be just big enough for the floorplan at 1:50 scale)

Again, having little to no experience with metric drawings, and not knowing exactly what your assignment is, here's a 2 minute video that takes the drawing from it's current state to being ready to send to the printer 1:50 on A4 paper (AutoCAD2005) --->

Let me qualify this by saying that I never work in metric, but it appears to me that your house is only 12.5mm x 8.35mm.

It could also be interpreted that the drawing units were metres, and the Drag-and-drop scale had not been changed from the default of Millimeters.

• 2 years later...