Have mutiple drawings open and have them in tabs?

James

this may not be possible, but i was thinking.

like the model/paper space tabs is there any option to have tabs like this for all drawings open (rather than selection from the window menu)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• f700es

• Norts

• James

• rkmcswain

Guest Alan Cullen

Yeah.....thanks, rkmcswain

I grabbed it too....brilliant......using the windows drop down to change drawings has been annoying me for a while....:D

I've been using this for nearly 3 years. Why the HELL hasn't Autodesk included it?! You'd think that the developers would be scouring sites like this for ideas about what we need.

Once you've used it, it becomes indispensible.

• 4 months later...

Hi Stilljames

I trust you are well and in good spirits.

I have just set this up on 2008 TASKBAR to 1 and that’s all and if I can do it any one can.

an old post, but i noticed there isnt a version for 2008

anybody know of one?

That blog post was written before 2008 was out. I know at least one of those works with 2008, but I don't remember which one and I don't have time to check right now. I will get around to updating that page soon. Thanks for the reminder.

BTW: TASKBAR=1 is not the same as a "tab" based solution that was originally asked for in the first post.

That blog post was written before 2008 was out. I know at least one of those works with 2008, but I don't remember which one and I don't have time to check right now. I will get around to updating that page soon. Thanks for the reminder.

BTW: TASKBAR=1 is not the same as a "tab" based solution that was originally asked for in the first post.

14/06/2007 6:51 AM GMT

Good morning

Understand that the post is many moons’ old way before 2008 but the TASKBAR = 1 works and that is all I am saying. I sincerely apologise if I gave the wrong information but it is only what one of the original contributors has posted as a reply in the past. So please no smack legs hard.

thanks for replies

i got one to work, where it makes a tab at the top.

but after that was installed, i have AECMetric and other bits installed and all the toolbars and menus went to question marks.

be nice to see a dwgman one working in 2008 (only got the trial for 2008 anyway, as i wanted to see what addons i had worked in it)

Hi Al

I have just grabbed it as well,

All we need now is the tabs in diff colours like Excel

then I would be in heaven.

Can you tell me how to install it after I open it.

Thanks Dodge.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread up.

Just upgraded from 2005 to 2008 yesterday and already miss the drawing tabs. Has anyone succeeded getting one to work on 2008

many thanks

Stephen

Bumping this thread up.

Just upgraded from 2005 to 2008 yesterday and already miss the drawing tabs. Has anyone succeeded getting one to work on 2008

many thanks

Stephen

yep i have.

download the attachment, unzip it to a folder on your local machine (somewhere useful, like where you keep your customisations).

then type APPLOAD in command line of AutoCAD, and place this file in the Contents of Startup Suite.

MdiTab17.zip

Guest Alan Cullen

I'm assuming that by "tabs" we're talking about tabs for the multiple drawings opened, rather than using the windows drop down to select a drawing to make active...........

I've finally got around to installing 2008 today, so I am also interested in this one.......:)

I'm assuming that by "tabs" we're talking about tabs for the multiple drawings opened, rather than using the windows drop down to select a drawing to make active...........

I've finally got around to installing 2008 today, so I am also interested in this one.......:)

If you only learn one new future about 2008, ensure it is the annotation tools.

they're simply awesome