Autocad R14 with HP T520 plotter

Martyn

How can I get Autocad R14 to use an HP T520 plotter with the GL2 driver?

At the moment the T520 is set as the default system printer under Win XP.

R14 will print to the T520, but only as a bitmap not as vector graphics. This restricts the length of plots to 108 inches. I need to plot up to 30 feet on ocasions.

It's 32bit.

To print a PDF from R14 I need to set it as the default Win XP printer. That doesn't help though as it will only print std drg sheet sizes - A0 etc.

You might have to go into the plot style of your page setup and make sure there is a plot style then you will have to go to properties of your printer and setup a custom page, that is if your printer supports custom pages and even then it may just setting the printable area of your printer. I just looked at the specs for your printer the largest format you can print is 24X36 in. Considering your using R14 which was windows 3.xx (omg who remembers that) on a windows XP machines connected to a wireless capable printer that is expecting to see a specific driver from the source it's pretty much a given that your going to have issues. It may be a case of old tech trying to talk to new tech and the new tech doesn't under stand the old language for the old tech. In short there may be nothing you can do to fix the problem but who knows for sure there may be a solution for you problem you just need to look in right places and that's not always where you think it should be.

Ok I tried to see if just plotting from model space might trick the plotter but it doesn't go any bigger than 24X36. Your trying to print out a banner and you have to use a printer from a graphics shop for that. I don't think Office Max, Staples, or FedEx could help there.

The older model HP roll feeds did do more than 36" long but nothing like 30' I think it was like 8'. You would have to set up your own plot sheet size.

You could get a newer version of Autocad to create a plot file and then you can drag and drop onto printer on your PC. You would have to set up your own plot sheet size.

We have done 3.5m long but not 10m.

Print to PDF (or whatever file format you can in R14), and then print the file to the printer.

Pdf format can only go up to 200inx200in max

Do you have to create 30 foot long plots on a regular basis?

I'd consider having the plots done at a reprographics shop or plotting the longest possible sheet supported by the printer and using match lines. Heck, when you go to a meeting do you physically have room to roll out a 30 foot long print? Do you have your meetings in a warehouse? LOL

The older model HP roll feeds did do more than 36" long but nothing like 30' I think it was like 8'. You would have to set up your own plot sheet size.

You could get a newer version of Autocad to create a plot file and then you can drag and drop onto printer on your PC. You would have to set up your own plot sheet size.

We have done 3.5m long but not 10m.

Newer models like designjet 510 has the limit set to 50 feet long max tested it

Maybe this will work?

[ATTACH]60810[/ATTACH]

Long time but i think that the R14 version did not have the dialog box to select at that time user had to change it by hand by entering the sizes.

Oufff way back omg

Where do you see a reference to the R14 plot dialog box?

Like i have mentionned i do not remember that dialog box or was it with the earlier versions it goes too far back in my memory and do not recall.