Beam Tags

addesigns

I edited the default beam tag so that it would display the (z Offset Value). What I am lost at is if it is possible to make the tag smart so that it only recognized Existing or New. I am looking to use Tag All and have one for each of the following

1. Existing beams

2. New Beams

It is possible to have the tag only Tag those beams that are on the existing Phase Created or New Construction? If so, how does one go about doing this? Reason is I want to show the engineers the value of doing things this way versus the way they currently want our documents to show.

You won't do this with the Tag itself, per se, but you can easily do this if you have properly modeled your Beams on the correct Phase. By isolating only the Structural Beam Category, and then using Phase Filters, you can adjust this to Show Existing (which doesn't include New) and use Tag All. Then change the Phase Filter to Show New (which doesn't include Existing) and use Tag All. So instead of using the Tag to understand what phase it is, you will manipulate the View via the Phase Filters instead.

-TZ

That is a great solution. Muchas Gracias. I will definetly have to go this route. I do have one more question. If I have some beams at the reference level is it possible to work the tag so that it does not show the (0'-0")? I have a feeling this is not possible and I will just have to pick those ones after the fact and select a different style tag from the properties drop down but please inform if I am mistaken.

Two solutions: either adjust your View Range temporarily so you're not seeing the beams that are at the 0'-0" location (so for instance, bump up your Bottom and View Depth to 6" AFF to hide the beams that are supporting the floor below), or create a Filter and have ready in your template to temporarily add to your view to hide any beams equal or less than a certain height.

-TZ

Many thanks again, I will use these tricks to make it work in my favor. Thanks for the speedy response! GO WILD!!!

Wild are looking great this year. I'm hoping for the best for those guys. Such a deserving group. Stars will have to try again next year unless they win out the last twenty games, which is very unlikely.

:)