Can't see most of my drawing, but see all of it in recovery thumbnail

MATC

For some reason, Can't see most of my drawing, but see all of it in recovery thumbnail. I see the three control panels in the recovery, but when I load the recovery, just the one panel shows up (and a notation leader in the upper right hand corner). I have all my layers on and visible. HELP!

Any help appreciated.

Rick

Capture.jpg

The thumbnail does not necessarily represent the current state of the drawing. I'm pretty sure they are created when a successful save is made. So, in the case of a crash, what you see isn't necessarily what you get.

For whatever reason, I was able to "Recover" from a different computer.

THanks.

Yeah, it depends on where the newest save, or newest .bak, or newest autosave file is. A drawing cannot be successfully recovered on a computer different from the one where the corruption happened, because that is the one holding the newest backups. Perhaps there was an uncorrupted but older copy of the drawing on that computer. Glad it worked out.