Hatching question

Newbie McPc

I'm putting down a polyline to set up the perimeter for a proposed hatch. I encounter a curve. Do I stop, create the curve, and then join the two separate objects? Sometimes there situations where I don't want to use 'pick points'.

Welcome to CADTutor Newbie. :)

When in doubt, read the commandline prompts...choose the Arc option, and the polyline command will start generating arcs instead of lines, from the last vertex forward.

When you have completed doing the arc or arcs, choose the Line commandline option, and keep on going.

In this way you generate a continuous Polyline, when you are about to create the last segment, choose Close.

Unless you use an available commandline option to change it, it will continue to create segments of the same ilk as the previous one, but you can change it whenever you need to.

Additionally, after the fact, should you need to, you can use the right click options available on the center grip of any polyline segment to convert an arc to a line, or a line to an arc.

Happy to help! :beer:

As far as I am concerned, I greatly prefer working with CLOSED polylines, when appropriate, which is one reason why using the CLose option for the last segment of your polyline is a good idea. As with any other segment, if your last one should be different (meaning arc or line) than the previous one, just enter the appropriate commandline option, A or L, before using the CLose option.

Edited by Dadgad

... when you are about to create the last segment, choose Close. ...

My personal view, FWIW, make the last segment and then close. This way, that last segment is actually there. If you do close for that last segment, and then sometime you PEdit and open, you will see that segment is not there.

My personal view, FWIW, make the last segment and then close. This way, that last segment is actually there. If you do close for that last segment, and then sometime you PEdit and open, you will see that segment is not there.

Which is an indicator that the polyline is not closed. If it's there, the polyline can appear closed when it is not.