Dropbox ending Public Folders - How to post pictures in CADTutor?

lrm

I am not sure where to post this thread but here goes.

When I post pictures on CAD Tutor I place them first in my Dropbox Public folder. Once there I can get a URL that I can use in CAD Tutor.

I recently got the following message from Dropbox:

...we’ll soon be ending support for the Public folder. Dropbox Basic users will be able to use the Public folder until March 15, 2017. After that date the files in your Public folder will become private, and links to these files will be deactivated. Your files will remain safe in Dropbox.

If you’d like to keep sharing files in your Public folder, you can create new shared links. Just make sure to send the new URLs to your collaborators.

I am not sure what this means for the pictures I now have in the folder that are referenced by my CAD Tutor posts or what impact this will have for posting pictures in the future.

What do other CAD Tutor user use for posting pictures and do any of you use Dropbox?

~Lee

Or, go into your Profile > General Settings and scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Miscellaneous Options" section and enable "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing". It sounds like yours is set to "Standard Editor - Extra Formatting".

If you have it set for Enhanced Interface, when you click on the "Insert Image" icon, you will have the option to either choose a URL or be able to choose an image from your hard drive.

Image Insert.jpg

Thanks. I was thinking that you should use Insert Image to insert an image! Silly me. I can go the attach file route as clumsy as it is.

Attach file --> Add files --> Choose file --> select the file --> Open --> Upload --> Done.

Note, I could not detach the image file once it was attached.

SelfIntr.JPG

I guess it's different, depending on what browser you're using. The only thing I can suggest is to use the clumsy method. Sorry.

The forum software is definitely showing its age. :(

Upload an image, then detaching an image.

See image 1 below. To delete an image once attached, hover over the thumbnail, and an "X" appears. Click the "X", and a safeguard pop-up appears to make sure you really want to delete the image. Click "OK" and it will be deleted.

I decided to leave the image I tested this with so I would have an excuse to post a picture of Daisy's "Little" brother, Carl. Daisy is my Avatar, Carl is my Bane (in a good way) :lol: He's a PitLabTiff.

The Head.jpg

delete.jpg

Edited by Dana W

Thanks. I was thinking that you should use Insert Image to insert an image! Silly me. I can go the attach file route as clumsy as it is.

Attach file --> Add files --> Choose file --> select the file --> Open --> Upload --> Done.

Note, I could not detach the image file once it was attached.

Using Firefox, no problem removing attachments or links.

I saw this Dropbox notification not long ago as well. I have a ton of linked images on here. Too many to try and resolve so they'll be broken. I may try and resolve a few and re-upload but we'll see.

-TZ