How to create a pattern of extruded sheet (bulkhead) that fit in a varying shell?

dimasmr21

I want to create a series of bulkheads or diaphragms inside a non uniform cross sectional shell.

I design a leg of a RTG (rubber tired gantry), this leg has a non uniform cross section (in x and z direction) reinforced by series of diaphragms and stiffeners (see the third picture).

I tried vary sketch but its useless.

p.s. i dont have the license. I use licensed solidworks at the company where i intern

Any help or hint will be enough. Thank you so much.. :):):):)

attachment.php?attachmentid=60859&cid=1&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=60860&cid=1&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=60861&cid=1&stc=1

• 2 weeks later...

i cant see the picture either and yes Vary Sketch is fairly useless except for very specific applications. Like a trapezoidal cutout and rubs varying their length to fill it.

What you probably want to do, just based on your description, is either a sketch(sketch point) based pattern or a curve driven pattern. The curve can be in 2d or 3d, and can be created by slicing(intersection curve) inside of the non-uniform cross section. Then you can pattern features or bodies along it.