Drawing a line using Azimuth

Silvercloak

One of the survey bosses here is asking me for a quick Lisp to draw a line using azimuth. He wants to do it with just one command instead of using the drop down inside the line toolbar.

So I figured - fine this should be easy. If I type line, and use the ZD transparent command, I can do the same thing in a lisp.

Unfortunately when I use the ZD transparent command, it doesn't draw the line until I do it twice. I don't get it - why can't it do it the FIRST time as it does when I click on the toolbar button?

I'm sorry, this may be a really DUMB question, but can anyone help? If this doesn't make any sense - I'll try and explain more. Let me know.

Here's the really lame code that I made... which should've been enough if the command would actually WORK the first time.

(defun C:LTR ()
(command "LINE" pause "'zd" "")
(PRINC)
)

Silvercloak

Thanks, but that doesn't work. It has to remain a transparent command. If I remove the "" it completely ignores the 'zd and becomes a regular line command.

Maybe this will fix the issue:

(command "_.line" "\\" "'zd")
 (while (/= (logand (getvar 'cmdactive) 3) 0) (command "\\"))
 (princ)
)

Or else try this:

(defun C:LTR ( / pt)
 (if (setq pt (getpoint "\nSpecify first point: "))
   (vla-sendcommand (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) "_.line _non (getvar 'lastpoint) 'zd ")
 )
 (princ)
)

Thanks Roy!! The second one worked! I wish I knew the visual basic stuff. It's like greek to me right now.

Silvercloak

Maybe this will fix the issue:

(command "_.line" "\\" "'zd")
 (while (/= (logand (getvar 'cmdactive) 3) 0) (command "\\"))
 (princ)
)

Or else try this:

(vla-sendcommand (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)) "_.line _non (getvar 'lastpoint) 'zd ")
 )
 (princ)
)

Sorry I spoke too soon. I think that 'lastpoint in there is messing things up. Whenever I run this command it's not using the getpoint that I gave it, instead it's going to the lastpoint I clicked BEFORE I ran this command.

I'm trying to figure out the correct... replacement to your (getvar 'lastpoint) there but I'm not doing so great. :(

silvercloak

In BricsCAD the getpoint function updates the lastpoint variable. It seems that AutoCAD fails to do so.

Revised code:

(progn
     (setvar 'lastpoint pt)
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

OMG I can't believe I didn't think of that. So frigging simple.

I'm SO rusty. Thanks Roy.

Silvercloak