Slow startup of autocad 2012 and 2017

rock1

I would check the hardware acceleration setting first. Change and test to see if it makes a difference. If that doesn't solve the problem then I would use the "Reset Settings to Default" option found on the Control Panel under the version of AutoCAD you intend on running.

I would not update the drivers at this time.

If you want to give the C++ libraries option a try then go ahead. What do you have to lose?

To make matters worse, both of my Autocads get stuck at loading and don't start at all. :( :( :(. This happens regardless of whether I have have my internet on or off, my antivirus on or off.

Installed a trial of Autocad 2018. Ran for the first time. Drew a few lines and a rectangle. Closed it. Started it again. Same damn issue. Screen stuck at loading with silver line animation sliding as usual. To be on safer side I did not migrate any settings and started as a fresh clean slate.

This seems to be issue in the window registry or some system folder that messes up with any version of autocad.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rock1

• ReMark

• Dadgad

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

It does if your system isn't all messed up. You need to fix the problem you have before you do anything else. Loading a newer version of the same program wasn't going to solve the problem as you found out.

Are you going to try any of the other options discussed previously?

I uninstalled 2012 yesterday. After that I installed windows 10 software repair tool. It ran for an hour and a half. Today I checked. The startup time of Autocad is now reduced to 5 minutes from 20 minutes now. I'm still in a dilemma whether I should wipe off Autocad files after uninstall to further reduce the startup time.

Rock1 I run a laptop with I3 and only 8Gb of ram win 10 so it takes about 1+ min to start, but starts every time. Anyway if you google "Remove Autocad" there is method information available to really clean all of Autocad from your PC not just Uninstall.

Rock1 I run a laptop with I3 and only 8Gb of ram win 10 so it takes about 1+ min to start, but starts every time. Anyway if you google "Remove Autocad" there is method information available to really clean all of Autocad from your PC not just Uninstall.

Yeah. I"ll have to do a clean wipe. These long load times are really irritating..

Did a clean wipe out of AUtocad. My startup time is now 3-4 minutes. Sometimes it takes 2 minutes.

Certainly sounds like a step in the right direction. :)

Have you tried to determine the condition that is different between when it starts in two minutes versus three or more?

Certainly sounds like a step in the right direction. :)

Have you tried to determine the condition that is different between when it starts in two minutes versus three or more?

I don't know how to determine it..

I don't know how to determine it..

I am guessing that the first time you start it up, after booting your computer, is slowest?

That if the computer is still on, and you close Autocad and then restart it, it is appreciably quicker?

Edited by Dadgad

Autocad has some form of caching when you close and restart, we have ssd drives and if we close and restart its a bit more than instant.

I am guessing that the first time you start it up, after booting your computer, is slowest?

That if the computer is still on, and you close Autocad and then restart it, it is appreciably quicker?

Exactly. Yes. THat's where the difference of time occurs. Unfortunately, the trouble is back today. I installed DWG trueview 2017, and I'm facing slowdown of autocad again. Its been 15 minutes and my autocad is stuck at loading again.

I installed DWG trueview because I was getting another instance of cad opening up the moment I clicked a dwg file in my folders or desktop.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?100681-Double-clicking-a-DWG-file-opens-a-new-instance-of-AutoCAD&p=684568#post684568

• 3 months later...

It may also be your intel i3 processor, that thing isnt the greatest. I would recommend i7. I had an i7 processor, windows 7 and upgraded it to windows 10 when the free upgrade came out about 2 or more years ago, but than everything started to slow down for me and it wasnt great. Im currently now using a PC with 32gb of RAM, gtx980, intel i7 on Windows 7 and everything is working very nice now. I think maybe its time for you to get an upgrade. I dont think you can upgrade your processor without removing your motherboard.