xref dashed lines are displayes stright (not dashed)

samifox

hi

i have an lts scale set to 1, now....my master drawing has a dashed line displayed correctly, but the xrefs dashed lines displayed stright although they have the same lts scale as the master lines how is that possible?

Thanks S

There are a number of reasons. Post the files so we don't have to play a guessing game.

i will...but till than can i have short reason list?

Remember a xref is just a reference to an external drawing so not all the information may attached to the xref that the original has. I would think that line type scales would be part of the information but then again it may not in the grander scheme of things to reduce file size.

i will...but till than can i have short reason list?

Sorry, but I'm going to wait for the files. You need to help others so that they may help you.

I'll have a guess. You know that there are two sets of linetype definitions. One is for imperial units and the other is for metric units and they differ by a scale factor of about 25. I guess that your drawings are loaded with linetype definitions from different sets of definitions.

If you zoom in closely to one of the x-ref lines and do a regen, can you see the linetype pattern? All depending on how much you zoom, then this is one test, because if the spacing is small, then on the screen the line can look continuous. X-refs keep their own linetype definition files.

different linetype definitions.jpg

I'll have a guess. You know that there are two sets of linetype definitions. One is for imperial units and the other is for metric units and they differ by a scale factor of about 25. I guess that your drawings are loaded with linetype definitions from different sets of definitions.

If you zoom in closely to one of the x-ref lines and do a regen, can you see the linetype pattern? All depending on how much you zoom, then this is one test, because if the spacing is small, then on the screen the line can look continuous. X-refs keep their own linetype definition files.

interesting..ill give it a try and keep you posted

Hello, I noticed this happening when I started using AutoCAD 2017 and I had to ask for help here. To fix the issue I was having I had to type in the variable HQGEOM and set it from 1 to 0. It would be worth a try to see if it is a similar issue.

All the line type scale data resides in the individual drawing, so it is quite likely for an xref to display differently than the master, that and Eldon's example of the ISO vs Imperial line types are tied for 1st place among likely reasons.

Hello, I noticed this happening when I started using AutoCAD 2017 and I had to ask for help here. To fix the issue I was having I had to type in the variable HQGEOM and set it from 1 to 0. It would be worth a try to see if it is a similar issue.

thanks . ill give it a try