Programmable mouse

jim007

Can anyone recommend a mouse for CAD. A feature I'm specifically interested in being able to program an extra button to act as the ESC key (for obvious reasons).

Thanks.

If you plan to program a mouse button to perform Esc, program it to perform AI_DESELECT instead. That will make your cad life much easier.

I love my set-up, see topic

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?99750-autocad-workstation-peripherals

some things you can also do are macros that AutoCAD can't do on it's own, and run multiple times. I have often claimed, to co-workers, my workstation was possessed when in fact it was just running a multiple macro for a receptive task.

they can also be used to speed up commands that you use often, I have to change my UCS often, so I have set up a button with a macro that enters "UCS ENTER" faster than any human could ever type it.

Razer products or there competitors seem to be the best at this point in time, but which ever brand you chose make sure there software is useable across all there products. A command or macro that I wright for my mouse is useable on my keyboard or game keyboard, because they all run on the same software, my footboard is on its own software and cannot use the same macros.

Great I'll have a go. I've noticed that my current (standard) mouse is not very accurate - looks like it's licking on to say a midpoint but when I check it (zoom and dimension) it has missed. I'm guessing a mouse with higher dpi will solve this?