Paper Space

Been years since last used AutoCAD. My work is simple and nowadays, just for my "fun."

I'm using a model space and a paper space with a viewport.

I do need to move and resize in my viewport the model space input. I don't change the viewport size in paper space.

I don't want to delete, change or do anything to the drawing other than re-position or re-size in my paper space (Titleblock) view. I do edit titleblock text, not the model space drawing/text input. smiley12.gif

Can I lock my model space drawing in paper space other than close the viewport?

Hello Tankman, welcome back, been quite a while, you used to be one of the regular crew of suspects! :beer:

It sounds to me like you have the viewport at the size you want to use, but you need to (if it is Locked) Unlock it, and reset your scale factor in the viewport to the appropriate scale.

Does that sound about right?

There is no way, nor should I think, need to lock your modelspace.

Once you have gotten the view that you want to display, positioned and scaled appropriately in your viewport, make sure you LOCK your viewport, then you should be good to go.

Purely speculative on my part, feel free to disagree. :)

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks Dadgad and ReMark!

Retired but, needed something to play with while I'm looking out the window at white cold wet junque. :-)