Drawing co-ords

Franny

Hi Guys,

Another one for you. So I am using AutoCAD for dummies (2011) and trying to revise. On page 61 (A lap around the CAD track) I am trying to follow the instructions to draw a rectangle. At Specify first corner the instruction is to click in the drawing area at the point 32,7. When moving the cursor I can get to 32.500 but not 32,7. Any advise where I am going wrong?. If I put 32,7 in the command line it doesn't like the comma.

Any advice much appreciated.

Big thanks

Franny

Just tested the method you said failed and it worked for me. When prompted for the starting point I typed 32,7 at the command line then pressed the Enter key.

Command: _rectang

Specify first corner point or [Chamfer/Elevation/Fillet/Thickness/Width]: 32,7

Wait. I know what the problem is. When prompted for the starting point you clicked in the drawing area which is not required since you are specifying the start point via your command line input.

There is no need to click for the starting point since the coordinates define it. Start the command, type in the coordinates and proceed from there.