Drainage Pipe Program - Trial version

Tharwat

Hello,

Here I am publishing the latest version of the Drainage Program on my website and you can find another programs related to the same program in the above menu 'Drainage' which I would publish them one by one very soon on this forum.

Note: The format of the program is .vlx and it works quite for a long time before it quits.

To download & watch the related video: https://autolispprograms.wordpress.com/one/drainage-pipe/

Good luck.

Tharwat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have worked today on the Block Preview for each block in the List Box that is included into the Block Insertion Dialog in the Drainage Pipe Program as it was suggested by Grrr HERE.

So kindly view the .gif video from the following link since the file format couldn't be loaded to this forum without changing the format to image format which won't help to show the illustration of the new adds.

http://giphy.com/gifs/l0Iy0Tem49dFlG2Xe

Comments, Ideas, Feedback are certainly welcome. :)

Tharwat

Good job, it looks more complete now! :thumbsup:

Some of the images doesn't appear to be centered, perhaps move a few background pixel column/rows.

Another thing I've spotted:

I think that the "Pipe sizes" should be either labeled as "Place pipe size" or the buttons should be like "50 >>" "75 >>" "110 >>" "160 >>" "200 >>",

the reason is that you are familiar with your program, but the user might get confuse and won't expect the dialog closing after pressing one of these buttons.

Also I was curious do you rely on the "INSERT" command call when inserting the drainage fitting blocks?

Would initially inserting the block with vla-insert and manipulate it with after its inserted be a better idea?

Good job, it looks more complete now! :thumbsup:

Thanks. :)

Some of the images doesn't appear to be centered, perhaps move a few background pixel column/rows.

No, its just as per its position when I did place the block and got its Bit-Codes.

Another thing I've spotted:

I think that the "Pipe sizes" should be either labeled as "Place pipe size" or the buttons should be like "50 >>" "75 >>" "110 >>" "160 >>" "200 >>",

the reason is that you are familiar with your program, but the user might get confuse and won't expect the dialog closing after pressing one of these buttons.

A simple hit on the Space bar would go back to dialog.

Also I was curious do you rely on the "INSERT" command call when inserting the drainage fitting blocks?

Would initially inserting the block with vla-insert and manipulate it with after its inserted be a better idea?

Yes I did and that easily could be coded although I do prefer the entmake function instead of Vlisp functions and trying to avoid Vlisp unless it is due to use.

Tharwat

I mean, that for an example in the "Clean out 50mm" block you can clearly see that its slightly to the up and to the right.

Once you have the bitmap list, arrayed correctly (like square/rectangle) and each color is in the exact position, wouldn't it be an easy fix?

BTW I've just wrote something similar - to replicate your constant popup dialog technique.

Place.gif

I won't post my code, so It won't be left as an unappreciation to your work. :)

One thing I've noticed is while entmaking the "INSERT" if it has attributes, they won't be created (entmaked).

So if you plan in the further to deal with attributed blocks this must be a thing to consider.

Although your toggles looks fine, you might use popup_list or radio buttons for the "Layer settings" column - just leaving it as an idea/option.

I think I tried to run your program, but it requires a dwg that contains the blocks,

so unless they are dynamic - If I was on your place, I'd attempt to entmake their block definitions.

The end result would be that everything is collected in one .vlx file that doesn't require any additional files.

BTW won't you benefit more if you become the best HVAC/pipe drafter, instead of selling these programs ? :)