Linetypes Refuse to Purge

Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue happening here and cannot figure out how to resolve it easily.

I routinely get CAD files from a company overseas and their drawings are always filled with hundreds of linetypes that I cannot remove, see attached screenshot below for a small sampling of the multitude of linetypes I'm dealing with.

I always Purge and Audit all files before I start working with them, so they are not coming in from xrefs or anything like that, and they are not in use in the drawings anywhere, but they won't go away. Anybody have any ideas?

The only thing I've found that works is to WBlock each drawing out to a new file. That does get rid of the linetypes, but it's a pain when I have to do this with every drawing, every time. :roll:

Thanks

Linetypes.jpg

Nevermind, I found the solution. Apparently these are DGN linetypes, coming from Microstation. Not sure how these guys are getting Microstation linetypes in their Autocad files, but whatever. I ran the DGNPURGE command and it removed 4,371 items and decreased the drawing file size from 1.3mb to 378kb.

I tell ya, working on other people's files can drive a guy insane. :bloodshot:

I use ProSteel addon for Autocad, perhaps they are too, comes with the Bentley turf.

Text styles also get totally out of hand. :beer:

These guys barely know how to use Autocad, but I guess they must be using some other program or add-on because all those linetypes are coming from somewhere. I'm just happy I figured out how to get rid of them. :)

Nice thing in 2016+ PURGE is Purge orphaned linetypes which removes the DGN linetypes

Yeah, I use 2014 though, so I have to do it the old fashioned way.