Help me draw a geodesic dome

MikeP

I'm having trouble visualizing how to build a geodesic dome. Would anyone be able to assist me in starting to draw such a thing in CAD. I have good 3D drawing skills, but cant imagine how to manage all the angles.

This is essentially what I wanna build.

Aquaponic-Geodome1.png

How to draw two views of a geodesic dome is explained here...

http://www.u.arizona.edu/~shunter/howto.txt

And here is a thread that would be worthwhile reading through as well.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?64396-How-to-build-4v-geodesic-dome-in-autocad-2012

In the future, post your question once in the proper forum. It makes it a whole lot easier to follow the course of the conversation when it isn't spread over three different threads. Thank you.

MikeP: The information you seek can be easily found via an Internet search with a little more effort on your part. See the second link I included in my first post.

Addendum.

Just for the heck of it I went and created the geodesic dome shown below using a lisp routine provided by forum member Hippie013 that can be found by clicking on the second link provided in my previous post. Scroll down to post #10 and copy/paste the code to a ASCII text file and give it any name you choose (file type .lsp). Use the Appload command to load the routine and type Geoico to run it. The result will be a sphere comprised of 3Dfaces (seen on the left, white color) in the image provided. I carefully erased the bottom half of the sphere to end up with a dome (seen on the right, magenta color).

GeoDome1.JPG

nth order: 2

radius: 36

number of 3dfaces in dome: 165

Edited by ReMark