• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hht

• ReMark

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't suppose that you tried doing an Internet search on the specific error message you show in your first post did you? My guess is the answer is "no".

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-2012-Installation-Error-1603-Error-Please-install-DirectX-before-installing-AutoCAD.html

As for the second error message this may help...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/error-1402-and-error-failed-to-find-node/td-p/3626236

I don't suppose that you tried doing an Internet search on the specific error message you show in your first post did you? My guess is the answer is "no".

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-2012-Installation-Error-1603-Error-Please-install-DirectX-before-installing-AutoCAD.html

As for the second error message this may help...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/error-1402-and-error-failed-to-find-node/td-p/3626236

You are somehow right. As I referred to, I made the search here. Meanwhile would you please explain how I can install dx10 instead of 11?

There are lots of error I cannot handle all of them in a short time.

Thank you.

Why do you want to install version 10?

Typically you want to address one problem at a time. I'd start with the one that says "Failed to find node.....".

I know here is not correct place but I would like to ask it: " If you have the AutoCAD 2011 media, the version of DirectX installer needed to precede the AutoCAD 2012 installation is in the following location: [AutoCAD 2011 Media]\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.EXE"

What does "needed to precede" means in the above?

Thank you.

It basically means you need find and run the DirectX installer BEFORE you can move on to the next step which would be installing AutoCAD 2012. That is the logical order of things.

Edited by ReMark

But I don't understand why I again install directx. Because as you can see from screenshot in my #1, DirectX 11 was already installed. What is the process I have done by downloading and installing something located in this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109?

This is just about languages

This download provides the DirectX end-user multi-languaged redistributable that developers can include with their product. The redistributable license agreement covers the terms under which developers may use the Redistributable. For full details please review the DirectX SDK EULA.txt and DirectX Redist.txt files located in the license directory.

Thank you.

No, and I have never used one of them. How can I have one. But would not that restore point be related to everything of the system, not just AutoCAD?

Unfortunately, I am not a good PC user.

Thank you.

Your profile says AutoCAD 2013. Why are you trying to load AutoCAD 2012?

Did you first fix the problem related to the error message re: "Failed to find node...?" Yes or no? That's where you should start. Fix one problem at a time and in the order they were encountered.

I was hoping we could get you back to a time just before you tried installing AutoCAD 2012. That would take a restore point. It doesn't necessarily mean that if you roll back the system you'll do any real harm to the rest of the system. You may lose a Windows update but that won't be the end of the world.

A restore point will not help you get past the Directx error, but it at least would give you a clean OS to install in. Lost Windows updates replace themselves. Restoring Windows may re-install the uninstalled AutoDesk content services utility if you have gone back and uninstalled it already. That is basically just like the directx problem. The version you already have/had is too new, so it needs to be replaced for the AutoDesk installation. AutoCad installer runs right past OLDER versions of programs and utilities it needs and updates them, including Directx and the content services, but it chokes on newer versions.

You'll have to find somebody with AutoCad 2011 or 2012 and copy their directxsetup.exe from the location in their files, named as you posted above. The out of date version of Directx that AutoCad 2012 needs to run is no longer available from Microsoft. The version of Directx installed on your computer is so much newer than the 2011 version needed, that it is not recognized by the 2012 AutoCad install program. Your installation cannot find the proper version on your computer, nor on the internet, so it stops.

Come to think of it, installing the older Directx may overwrite the newer one causing potential problems with some of your other programs. I have even had older versions of programs refuse to install when it finds a newer instance of itself already there.

Edited by Dana W

Your profile says AutoCAD 2013. Why are you trying to load AutoCAD 2012?

I would like to use both of them

Did you first fix the problem related to the error message re: "Failed to find node...?" Yes or no? That's where you should start. Fix one problem at a time and in the order they were encountered.

I have ignored it but after installing that direct x end user runner every thing easily completed.

I was hoping we could get you back to a time just before you tried installing AutoCAD 2012.

I still don't understand why we would do this although I like both 2012 and 2013 versions.

P.S: Before I completed installation of AutoCAD2012 and while taking those error messages, I tried to install 13 and it was easier. Than I asked the question here. Why 2013 was very easy but 2012 was painful?

Thank you.

STOP! Quit trying to install AutoCAD 2012 when you have a working version of 2013. It is a waste of your time and effort to continue with this nonsense.

Just to satisfy my curiosity...give us three good reasons for trying to install 2012. What does 2012 offer you in terms of performance and features that 2013 doesn't?

STOP! Quit trying to install AutoCAD 2012 when you have a working version of 2013. It is a waste of your time and effort to continue with this nonsense.

Just to satisfy my curiosity...give us three good reasons for trying to install 2012. What does 2012 offer you in terms of performance and features that 2013 doesn't?

I would like to compare them and see the development of the program. Please did you look the screenshots? In spite of Directx 11 is installed, why did Autocad 2012 wanted directx again and why did 2013 not even though when I tried to install 2012, 2013 has already been installed.

Thank you.

Everything you need to know about the differences between the two programs can be found online in reviews that are written regarding each new release. Example:

Design Engineering's review of AutoCAD 2012... http://www.digitaleng.news/de/autocad-2012-review/

Design Engineering's Review of AutoCAD 2013... http://www.digitaleng.news/de/autocad-2013-review/

I am not going to answer any further questions about the problems you are having installing AutoCAD 2012. In my opinion it is a fool's errand. Sorry.

Where are you getting all these different versions from?

Sometimes trials, sometimes student versions, sometimes from school, sometimes from friends, and last option is the risky programs from respect of security.

Thank you.